Identification

(first post, bear with me) A pickup from Pet Supplies Plus, was curious of others’ opinions on his morph. Completely patternless belly.

6 Likes

Could you post some pictures in natural lighting, like by a window? Hard to tell true color with these pics. And I would really like to see the entire belly.

6 Likes

Very nice looking little corn! Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum! :snake::blush:

4 Likes

My roommate took some photos for me. Im unsure what will help so this is gonna be a bit of noodle spam.

More pics of Wyrm!

4 Likes

Interesting youngster. I don’t see anything unusual in its dorsal pattern. The facial/head markings don’t look quite typical, though they don’t look like typically Masque markings either. The usual reasons for no ventral checkers are homozygous Stripe, Motley, or Diffused, as well as the combo het Motley/het Stripe. It’s possible that this animal is genetically Diffused, though it doesn’t show the usual blurriness of its lateral patten. Some don’t. It’s also possible that it’s just one of those non-reproducible oddities which nature produces sometimes. I had a patternless-belly baby hatch once from normally patterned parents. There was only one in the whole clutch.

6 Likes

I love the name and spelling! Very unique name for a very unique snake noodle! :heart::snake::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the info! I’m glad I have a special guy no matter his genes :slight_smile:
I am curious what morph you would call him? Do you think he’s just a funky looking normal?

4 Likes

Thanks a bunch for the warm welcome <3 I’m glad I have a special little guy. He’s my first and I’m excited to watch him thrive.

4 Likes

So we think this dude is a funky looking normal?

4 Likes

I vote for low expression diffused. But his color is also unusual. I’d love if you could post him again in a few months when he’s grown a bit more and his color has developed.

6 Likes

that sounds like a plan :+1:

5 Likes

Yes most definitely keep us all updated with pictures in a few months down the road! But don’t hesitate to join in during that time if you find things here you are interested in! This is a great group of people and we have a lot of fun! :heart::+1::blush:

4 Likes

We’ll look forward to more pics as your baby grows. I’m leaning towards genetically Diffused, I think @solarserpents is probably right. If he is, as your snake grows, it may be more easy to see depending on what happens along its sides. Or not. Sometimes they’re just difficult to determine without breeding trials. In any case, it’s great that you have a serpent buddy to love!

4 Likes

I can’t help it - I got some more pics of Wyrm and I just want to share :slight_smile:

and when he was curious about the camera:

5 Likes

I don’t blame you for wanting to show him off! We always love pictures! :+1::blush::snake:

4 Likes

Heck yeah, some days I live for pics. The last one made me laugh. I’ve got more than a few of those kind! :rofl:

4 Likes

Him rest his head on leef :3

7 Likes

Lol he’s so cute!

4 Likes

My boy had his first shed with me :smiley: one whole piece that measured 19in

5 Likes

That’s super! The humidity must be spot on! Some people save sheds as mementos?

3 Likes