Identifying bh and red gene combos

Who is the go to on identifying bh and red gene and combos with those genes?

Blackhead is fairly straightforward to identify. Red gene is a subtle cleaner gene that can be tough to identify in combos your not familiar with.

First pairing for me with bh. He was sold to me as pastel bh red gene and I paired him to a special. 1 bh, 1 pastel bh and 2 I can’t really tell and 1 pastel special

1 Like

Put up pics I’m sure someone can help you with them :blush:

1 Like

I’m still not sold on red gene actually being a separate gene. It could be, but this also reminds me of fader. I’ll admit I haven’t looked into it for a couple years tho. Anything new to say otherwise?

1 Like

I will take better pics in the sun later.

Blackhead

Pastel black head

Pastel special

Unsure

Unsure

1 Like

Yeah I don’t believe in fader or granite

I’ve seen several super red genes over the last couple years. I’m usually a skeptic with a lot of genes but in my opinion red gene is definitely a incomplete dominant gene with a super form.

Fader is a polygenic trait and there are a lot of proven incomplete dominant and dominant granite lines out there.

1 Like

Yeah I have seen a difference in some combos with and without the red gene so right now I believe in the red gene

I was told that you need granite to make soul suckers and both my hgw don’t have granite and I produced soul suckers 2 from each female last year

No you don’t your right. But there are a lot of granite lines out there. Ralph David had a incomplete dominant line with a super form.

1 Like

As Shaun correctly notes, Red is a legitimate morph. It can be very subtle but it is proven out.

Likewise, Shaun is correct on both “Fader” and Granite. The only “Granite” I take issue with is the one that NERD claims has “melded” to their HGWs making them unique and the only way to produce their spectacular new combos and so therefore you have to buy the more expensive HGWs directly from NERD because only they can accurately identify the ones that have it… :unamused:

4 Likes

Your first one I believe is blackhead special do you have more pictures at different angles of the ones your unsure of? The first snake is super nice btw. The pastel blackhead and pastel special have red gene imo also. And the soul sucker thing is a huge pet peeve of mine also lol

2 Likes

I will take more pics in the sun later

Thats a bh special I found a pic of online

That looks like it has the red gene and ringer gene as well. I would bear in mind that the ringer gene and the red gene got unknowingly spread through a lot of large collections. So blackhead looks very variable but in reality it’s just the unknown presence of the ringer and red genes.

2 Likes

Link to a super red? Went my usual routes, couldn’t even find a mention of one.

2 Likes

2 Likes