Identifying leopard gecko morphs

Anyone good at identifying what kind of morphs my leopard geckos are? I just adopted 4 new baby’s and have no background on them or parents.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @marissaburnsworth! You have some beautiful little baby Leos! The one in the first pic is really unique! I’m not your morph person but others will be along to assist you!

Welcome again and be sure to come back! :blush:

2 Likes

The first is a normal, if you could give us pictures of each of its eyes we could tell if it’s an eclipse or not.
The next 3 are murphy’s patternless’s or blizzards. If you could provide pictures in better (preferably natural) lighting we can see if they are albino or not.

4 Likes

Here is the first baby gecko pictured. Very quick, so this is the best I got with the eyes

4 Likes

The rest have very red eyes!

4 Likes

The first is a normal, it doesn’t have eclipse.
The next 3 seem like they are albino (we can’t tell which strain they are). They could be either murphy’s patternless or blizzard, but without information on them, we can’t tell.

3 Likes

Thank you! These little ones are going to remains my pet onlys. But I was just curious as to what others thought. I just started this hobby about 3 months ago roughly and this is the first time I’ve seen a normal :joy:

2 Likes

So, I’ve posted this first picture as identification before on here. I thought he was looking like a normal. (Where I got him did not know the genetics so I got him as a pet only that my kids love.) He seems to be changing a little more and more as time goes by. This is now almost one month later and he’s not looking like a normal to me (visually). Any suggestions?

2 Likes

They can be hard to judge when they’re little since they can change so much.
Looks like you little one is growing into a nice high yellow hypo.
Hypo in leopard geckos is a line bred trait and judged on the number of spots. I personally judge super hypo to be 5 or less body spots. Some may still consider yours super.

The pattern is interesting though! Aberrant or ‘jungle’ is probably what I would call it, but not stripe as it doesn’t go down the full tail length.

3 Likes