Identifying spectre

So, I’ve got a clutch that’s hatching out right now, and my male also sired a clutch last year. He’s a banana bumblebee spectre. Last year was paired to a cinnamon, this year paired him to a normal.

I struggle with what to look for to identify spectre in combos, and also in single gene form. Any advice on this would be great. I’ll get some pics posted in a week or so when they all shed out. There are currently 5 out of the egg, and 2 still in the egg.

Here’s a fun pic from Monday when two had come out. What I believe to be a pastel banana and a normal, but I know they need to shed first. Mainly looking for help on spectre identification.

2 Likes

This is probably the best information you can find. Jerry really knows his stuff when it comes to Specter:

4 Likes

Thanks for the info! I’ll take a read and hope it helps me identify the hatchlings

1 Like

Here’s the 5 babies that are out currently

3 Likes

I will offer you the single most important piece of advice that I offer everyone with a new clutch: Wait for the animals to shed and feed before you start trying to ID the combos.

:+1:t4: :+1:t4:

4 Likes

Oh of course, I learned that my first year of pairings, just wanted to share a photo and my excitement/speculation. I know it’s good to wait until their first shed to even bother trying to ID them.

2 Likes

Just wanted to add some photos. I’ve got two that have had their first shed.

Am I looking at a normal, or a specter?

And I believe this one to be a pastel banana, but I’d like some confirmation here as well.

4 Likes