Identifying weird subadult

About 2 years ago, we bred a super pastel fire female to a mystic male and got a weird looking baby. They were both rescued about 5 years ago, so we don’t know their parents genetics, but we haven’t gotten anything else out of the ordinary besides this one. She’s a subadult female now, and very healthy, but her egg was very deflated and dry. The other eggs were perfectly fine. I’d guess she’s either firefly or firefly mystic but she doesn’t look like any i’ve ever seen. Her colors seem a little faded and only get brighter with age (as fires usually do). Is it possible she never finished developing her color in the egg? Any ideas?

Baby as a juvenile:

Baby as a subadult:

Dam:

No pictures of the sire, we sold him this year, but he looked like a normal mystic and never produced anything else weird looking.

2 Likes

Mom looks pretty busy for a super pastel fire but I don’t necessarily see anything else going on. There’s a lot of polymorphism in genes, so I’d guess she’s just an interesting firefly.

5 Likes

Thanks for the input, you’re probably right about polymorphism. We’re keeping her anyways to try to make some interesting babies :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! She doesn’t even look like the same snake! She is definitely unique and very pretty as well! :pray::heart:

3 Likes