If you had as much money as you wanted, what reptiles would you get

Komodo dragon and lilith the king cobra or any of her future off spring and a thorny devil.

1 Like

Oh man, I wish. If I had a facility in WA where I could breed the ants that they ate, I would probably own one.

1 Like

Why spend a lot of money on any reptile? The morphs will all come down in price. There was a time when pied BPs were $4k a piece. Just wait until the price comes down to a point where you can afford the animal and its associated care.

This is suppose to be a fun game… :joy:

1 Like

I’m not just talking about morphs, I’m also talking g about species. Plus, this would include the setup, so say your pick was an Asian water monitor, which isn’t unreasonably expensive, but has a super expensive setup.

Even the rarer stuff that demands big $$$ will become more available and less expensive over time. When it comes to housing costs, that’s a good point. One thing to consider is IF you are going to house something large in your house is ensuring you factor in air handling and humidity control or you can quickly end up with massive unexpected costs in terms of mold remediation.

This pair:

This pair:

This also:

https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/reptiles/lizards/leopard-geckos/700706

And a whole greenhouses full of these:

5 Likes

I’ve had 1 guy in Ireland telling me he had them years ago but he was bull crapping me.
As he wouldn’t show it when asked to see it.

1 Like

I remember when banana balls were 30 thousand euros each now their about 150 euros or whatever that is in dollars.
As I paid 150 euros recently for a banana ball.

Yeah bananas aren’t much.
I think my boy a couple years ago was £145?
Still around that here in the uk now though.

And my fav morph! :relaxed:

1 Like

I would get an albino pied brumese python for sure and some sundragon boas.

3 Likes

How about a cow version of boa! I would love that lol :joy:.

2 Likes

I would have to go with an unrelated pair of Mexican indigo snakes, yellow tailed cribos, and black headed pythons. I would also get an unrelated pair of Boelen’s pythons and Ternate dwarf retics. Just wild type Ternates because I love the wild type retics the most. I would be here all day if I listed everything I would get, but those are probably the most expensive up front.

2 Likes

If I had the money I would build an outdoor building and get a mainland retic. I would then likely get some other pets (likely tortoise rescues, geckos of some species, etc.). Most of my time would be spent breeding endangered or rare animals, especially those that are often wild caught (day geckos, dart frogs, red-eyed tree frogs, eastern indigos, etc).

4 Likes

Mine
Black mamba ,breeding,. Banded rock rattlesnake, breeding. Forest cobra, breeding
My friend
Green iguana,pet. Argentine b&w tegu,pet. Golden lancehead, breeding.

Pair of boelens pythons, for breeding and as pets. (Would be awesome to help make them more common in captivity). Pair of eastern indigos (which you can’t keep in Florida so that’s technically out) though if there was a sort of breeding program I could be a part of to help stabilize the wild populations here I’d be all over that, and likely a caiman lizard (pet) …. I’d love to be able to build a huge naturalistic enclosure for them to run around and climb in complete with real trees and plants and even a huge heated pond/waterfall for him. (And either hire someone to come clean out that filtration system weekly or if I had infinite money build a marsh type filter system like I had seen on one of Kamp Kenan’s videos awhile back (I thought it was ingenious) I just think they’re super pretty and interesting but unless I won the lottery that’s definitely something I don’t think I could provide the housing I’d like to for. Lol

2 Likes

How about all of them? Lol, I would never have room for that, but maybe one of every reptile that I can buy :joy:

2 Likes

Different species of small monitors, it’s something about how they have all the characteristics of all the larger monitors and the intelligence. So definitely small monitors

4 Likes

Well if I had all the money I wanted I wouldn’t have to chose I could just buy everything lol and when I run out of space buy a bigger house or even my own building but to the nature of the question probably skittles(the 50,000 ball python) just because she s cool probably a breeding pair of super dwarfs from reach out reptiles green tree pythons and emerald tree boas and build them HUGE display enclosures in my house and probably a tegu just because they are like dogs from what I hear

3 Likes