If you ignored the danger

Rhino Viper

4 Likes

Oh yes, 10/10 would own a rhinoceros viper! Such a beautiful snake!

13 Likes

Horned desert viper for me. I even have one tattooed on my back. :sweat_smile:
images

9 Likes

Got to be a blue pit viper for us. Think they’re stunning!
Would also love a leucistic Cobra :laughing:

11 Likes

I have a blue insularis, and I absolutely recommended them if you decide to make the move into venomous one day. Feisty as babies and can be a pain to get on f/t, but they chill out a lot after a year or so.

11 Likes

Wow really?? Would love to see pics :star_struck:

6 Likes

Sure! These are some of my favorites, including the time he missed his pinkie and tried to eat a leaf

14 Likes

Absolutely beautiful! Would love some, not really seen in the uk :weary:
What’s the venom like if you were to ‘accidentally’ get bit? :grimacing:

6 Likes

Mostly hemotoxins and cytotoxins, so pain, swelling, local necrosis, but the chances of outright death are pretty low. That said, if prefer to keep all my fingers so safety is the name of the game.

9 Likes

Compared to say a rattlesnake or a coral snake (if they manage to invenomate you :joy:) how bad is it supposed to be?

6 Likes

The venom will eat at your flesh, causing tissue damage. Said plainly and not exaggerated. Just look up pictures of venomous snake bites causing necrosis, and look through the results. Though because of anti-venom your results will be less than what is shown, the danger is still real and there.

6 Likes

I would want one too!!

5 Likes

For me it would be gaboon vipers,exlash vipers and bush vipers

3 Likes

A blue insularis would be great and just one of many venomous species I would wanna have. If I was gonna own or could own venomous theres several snakes I’d want. I would have all sorts of pretty but deadly snakes both vipers and elapids. Not to mention some deathstalker scorps and other buthid scorps. Some spiders and maybe a gila monster because their kinda cute.

Venom is scary but its really just another tool employed by the natural world. Its just a simple but handy tool possessed by some critters to help them defend themselves and get a good meal.

5 Likes

Emerald green pit viper, inland Taipan, a huge long list of tarantulas and scorpions and centipedes. And a pair of Eastern diamondbacks just because they are beautiful and get really big!

3 Likes

Yup, venom of any kind is no joke. Of the hots I own, only one is “very likely” to kill me, but the others would still leave lifelong injuries. At the end of the day it’s a risk I don’t mind taking because of how much I respect and admire these animals.

8 Likes

I own rear fanged venomous does that count :joy:

4 Likes

I have a thing for Eyelash vipers but i also love many others i really like coral snakes i know they are rear fanged but was wondering if they are like boomslangs (a species i love) where they are able to open their mouths so wide their rear fangs can dig in. I heard corals have small mouths, i really don’t see people in the hot reptile trade owning them. I think coral snakes are pretty.

1 Like

Not sure where you heard they are rear fanged. They are a front fanged snake so their mouth size wouldn’t really matter.

1 Like

You could be correct im sure i confused that and another species.

1 Like