If You Were A Vampire

Ok, so this isn’t exactly reptile related, but it’s animal related and I thought it would be fun to ask for Halloween. If you were a vampire and you could turn into a bat, which species of bat would you want to turn into?

3 Likes

For me, it would be a three-way tie between flying foxes, white Honduran bats, or the pied bat. All three are just so cute.

6 Likes

The obvious choice a Vampire Bat!!

6 Likes

Mexican free-tailed bat! I grew up in Austin, Texas with millions of these guys hanging out under the bridges. They’re adorable.

6 Likes

Flying Fox!!!

4 Likes

I think I’d pick a chubby, grumpy species. Maybe a Northern Ghost bat?

Though I would also settle for being a cantankerous, elderly Batman.

Illustration Batman GIF

6 Likes

I think I would go with a simple little brown bat. I had a colony of them living in my backyard for a good while and it always makes me smile when I get to see one.

3 Likes

Oh man. My top three:
Butterfly/painted bat
yellow-winged bat
Honduran white bats

They’re just super cute to me.

4 Likes

I think all bats are cuties so to pick one for me is a toss up! And they eat mosquitoes too!

My husband and I lived in a very old house for several years and we actually had a colony of bats living in our attic (bats in the belfry!)! Occasionally one would fly around in the rec room, which had a ceiling fan. But none of them ever got hit by it. Amazing! And we always knew when they had babies because we could hear them cheeping.
It was impossible to run them out because there
were so many cracks and crevices they could just squeeze right back in . So we just shared the house with them. They never bothered us.

Bats are so amazing. They are silent little fliers and serve a purpose in creation.

3 Likes

The cute Honduran white bats are super cute❤️

2 Likes

It’d be fun to be a flying fox. Eat fruit, flap around.

3 Likes

This feels appropriate:

12 Likes