Im glad i found this site!

If I am being honest, I like the odder pets too. @erie-herps has me one day one having a pet leach!

3 Likes

Right? Its more interesting and its definitely a conversation starter. Secondly it shows that you are unique, and theres more to your personality.

3 Likes

Welcome! I love your little army! I love that your void steals your WC cushion. Cause it’s totally made for her. :joy:

Also a girl that hung out with the boys. My grandfather made sure I was never afraid of an animal since he grew up on a farm. He told me stories last summer how they (he and my great grandmother) would keep snakes in empty milk pails and provide the rats/mice from the barn. He loved looking at pictures of our zoo!

Like @foxreptile i am mainly a gecko girl, but I adore BPs. We also have a boa, two beardies, along with a leopard gecko, our ball, two dogs, and 14 cresties.

We do love our pet tax here.

6 Likes

Oh golly, how awful! I would have cried, too. And now I want to go wade in a creek and catch a “crawdad.” I was kinda horrified when I moved to a place where practically everybody eats them.

3 Likes

Crayfish are fun to watch grow! My pets honestly eat way more meat than i do, while im not a 100% vegetarian or vegan i do eat meat on occasion and growing up my papa made sure we knew how to hunt and fish and farm, he use to tell us one day you may need those skills.

1 Like

Not bad skills to know at all. I grew up learning the farming part of that. I am not vegetarian nor vegan either, though I don’t eat meat every day. Reading your OP makes me want a few egg laying hens again! I really miss having chickens. We’ve been supposed to move for too too long.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! You have a very interesting collection and keeping all those animals sounds super cool!

I’ve also always been interested in the more unique pets and animals.

Unfortunately it ended up dying (I’m not sure why, probably because of age and a less than ideal environment, but it still ended up living almost a year), but they are really interesting to keep. It sounds weird but just watching them move around is really interesting. If I kept them again I might get two and have a little “colony” of them.

3 Likes

I think its neat! Something i don’t think most people would even want or have. It definitely isn’t the ol dog or cat pet. I think its fascinating to watch animals and to learn im always looking up animals. As a child id read my parents encyclopedias cover to cover A-Z.

Im definitely going to get some new crayfish, they even have crayfish morphs if you can believe that.

I always chose reading science and art over everything my parents tried to sign me up for soccer and i ran away from the field crying :joy:

My hobby isnt everyone’s cup of tea but honestly even my spiders to me are family. I have never purposefully killed a bug or insect especially spiders because they are the good bugs. Like that one guys living room full of enclosures id do the same with spiders :joy:

2 Likes