I'm now a first-time (hoggie) mom!

Hello, I’m excited to be a hoggie owner! I had been researching every aspect of hognose ownership and husbandry for quite a while now and found one at a small local reptile show today. I had specific morph combinations in mind and today was my lucky day!

Meet Astro, our Albino Superconda 66% Het Axanthic!

When he’s finished his hands off period I’ll take some more photos to share. I’m positive I’ll have lots of questions along the way but I know I’m in the best place to get a ton of great answers and advice!

P.S. He is a WHOLE MOOD and I love it!

7 Likes

I am so jealous! albino super conda was what made me fall in love with hogs and they are still one of my favorites. Can’t wait to see him grow! Also I am a hognose nerd so if you have any questions just tag me

3 Likes

He’s adorable!

3 Likes

Aww thank you @logar ! I absolutely will tag you when I ask questions. You might get tired of seeing my name in your notifications every 5 minutes lol. I’m slightly paranoid as a snake owner but I’ll try to keep that in check!
Do you plan on picking up a combo like that in the future? What are your favorite morphs/combos?

2 Likes

Thank you @solarserpents ! He’s already let us know who’s in charge at our house now. It’s him. He’s in charge. He’s the boss. We work for him. And he’s soooo scary with his bluff strikes and hissing and huffing. He’s terrifying :rofl: We already love him so much!

3 Likes

What a gorgeous little guy! Those facial markings!

1 Like

I really love condas, albinos, sables, arctics, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I would absolutely love to pick up one like your guy in the future but it probably won’t be for a while unfortunately as I want to get some bigger stuff (Argentine boa/Mexican beaded lizard preferably but both a pretty unrealistic :cry:) and I don’t even think I will be able to add anything until June at the absolute earliest and if I am being realistic June 2025 as that would be my 16th birthday and can probably use that to my advantage. I also have some breeding projects I would like to start before I get a hognose. I will hopefully have one in the next 4 years though. But who knows, maybe I can use their small size to my advantage :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you! He’s definitely a cool looking little guy. I love the pattern on the superconda faces. He is hands down my husband’s favorite snake already. This dude was terrified of all snakes a few years ago. I tried to have him hold a KSB and he may have peed himself a little (jk :rofl:) but he was scared to say the least! Aaaand now we have 8 ball pythons and a Hog.

1 Like

@logar I knew you were young but I didn’t realize how young. I’m really impressed with your knowledge and passion and commitment to the hobby! You’re going to be a legend by the time you reach my age! Glad to know you on here.

2 Likes