In the process of making an AMK caresheet

I am currently in the process of making a full care guide for Arizona mountain king snakes, as many online don’t give the best info or their info is outdated. I have some parts I already know need covered, but I am having some writers block. I would love some questions, or topics of care anyone can think of needing covered. Feel free to ask any questions! It will help me a lot.

4 Likes

I can’t wait for this. I’m assuming you have a lot of this done but some topics you could write about are temps, humidity, enclosure size, shedding, growth rates, health problems, feeding, morphs and/or localities (if any), and/or breeding.

3 Likes

What do they eat?
How often to feed?
Sizing a food item?
Cool side temp?
Hot side temp?
Hot spot temp
Ambient humidity %?
Recommended day/night cycle?
Recommended enrichment?
Recommended substrate?
Cage size recommendation?

3 Likes

LOL both the Rileys

3 Likes

I would definitely include this

1 Like

Maybe a section on getting hatchlings started, which can be challenging with this species.

6 Likes

This is for a care sheet for the general keeper (or those looking to keep them), so breeding info won’t be included. Especially since I don’t breed them. Maybe in the future I will make a breeding guide.

@westridge I will definitely add the info and tricks I know of. Though most, if not all you get from breeders are well started on pinkies thankfully.

3 Likes

I love the idea of growth rates. I’m a worried father of some herps in that regard!

1 Like