Incubation Temps

If I have to incubate my corn snake eggs at the same time as my ball python eggs is there a optimal temperature to use?

1 Like

It would be best to have two seperate incubators. If your room temperatures are warm you might be able to incubate the corn snake eggs at room temperature. If they need to be incubated in the same incubator 84* might work.
@solarserpents What do you think the ideal temperature range is for corn snake eggs?

3 Likes

I’ve always just done room temp incubation for corns, so like 75 to 80 degrees. They can take a little longer to hatch and their hatch time is more variable at cooler temps, but you tend to get bigger, healthier babies if they’re incubated a little cooler. You certainly can use an incubator for them. I would not do over 85 for them, because once you start using higher temps, you’ll start seeing more kinked babies. I think most corn snake breeders who use incubators shoot for about 82 degrees.

I have no clue about ball python eggs, so we’ll have to see what someone else recommends for them and see what the overlap is.

2 Likes

I think ball python eggs are usually incubated at a minimum of 87*. I’m not sure if they can be incubated lower or not.
@saleengrinch What are your thoughts?

I incubate ball python eggs between 87 to 89 I don’t honestly think you would have a problem incubating them in the 83 to 85 range would just take a bit longer but I have no personal experience incubating them that low.

3 Likes

I know some prefer materbal incubation, and depending on your preference for enclosure temps, 85* may be what they end up at. However it is possible such breeders up the temps when doing MI, so im not possitive.

1 Like

Yeah might have to do them separately. Last season I bought a nice custom incubator. Hate to buy more.

1 Like

I don’t think my room will stay that warm.

1 Like

You could likely just build one yourself. A styrofoam cooler, some heat tape, a thermostat, and maybe a fan is all you need.