Interesting Orange Dream Clutch

For anyone who is working with Orange Dreams coming from Paul Miles, especially those that are het pied, know they can throw some weird babies. If you haven’t already, check out some of Barry Swope’s animals he has been producing for some great examples, just put on some sunglasses before pulling up the pictures :sunglasses::wink:

This clutch was produced from an Orange Dream Yellowbelly possible Fire het pied poss het clown, what a mouthful, to a supposed het Pied that came from a friend. This is the second year that she hasn’t thrown any pieds, so for the sake of this discussion let’s operate under the assumption she is a normal or wild type.

Below are photos of the offspring post shed and a meal. Let me know your thoughts, I am a bit stumped. Also, one last note, I paired the male to a fire female this year, she hasn’t laid yet but I would expect some black eyed lucys based on what I am seeing out of this clutch.

5 Likes

WELL DEFINETLY NOT YOUR TYPICAL ORANGE DREAM! THAT’s FOR SURE!! INTERESTING TO NOTE THAT OFFSPRING # 6 ALMOST LOOKS TO HAVE A LEOPARD OR SPOTNOSE PATTERN. I ALSO NOTICE THAT THERE IS A LOT OF “GRAVEL” IN THE ALIEN HEADS. INTERESTING PROJECT TO PROVE OUT FOR SURE!

2 Likes

I had the same thought about #6, odd for sure. I am thinking the head stamps are the fire influence and I believe my male will almost certainly prove to be a fire as well as OD and YB.

1 Like

Yeah, I would say that there’s definitely fire in some of those babies. Other than that, I don’t see anything too unusual. The yellowbelly and OD look nice, especially together. #6 is alot more busy than the others, but I’ve seen yellowbelly do that in certain combos.

1 Like

This guy came from the Boa Barn/Paul Miles also. I’ve hatched some very cool stuff. He was sold as an OD Leopard Fire het pied. I’ve hatched stuff that looks YB as well. He’s probably my favorite male! I would guess he will prove het clown as well

4 Likes

I love that asymmetrical head stamp!

1 Like