Introducing Matt Cook Reptiles!

Hey guys I didnt know this was a thing so I figured id finally introduce myself! Ive been keeping and breeding boas since 2009, my main focus being on sterling and IMG VPI morphs! You can find me in the boa section here posting pictures of those!

Im starting a new project with shadow boxes to sell along side the reptiles, I just started this so nothing is available yet but im getting all my “templates” down while also scouring etsy for different bugs. I need to shut my phone off because theres so many things I want to add to these and my Amazon orders are off the charts :joy: I really enjoy creating these, The spider one, I went and caught the invasive Joro spiders for at a park and people were giving me funny looks.
Ive also quickly realized I will rearrange them 500 times before I settle on a design I think is nice, and ill still look at them after and think what I will do better for the next one so there will be many different designs!

Ill post my personal ones as I make them! I might start posting them when they are forsale on my Matt Cook Reptiles facebook page, I dont use it often at the moment but that will change. Give me an add!

21 Likes

Wow! I really love that spider and wheat one! They all are great though! Can’t wait to see more of them

8 Likes

I’m glad you jumped over here from the lounge to post your awesome stuff here where all members can appreciate your awesome art. They are all so gorgeous, and it sounds like you have found another hobby that you enjoy! You’ve got a great talent.

4 Likes

Hello @mattcookreptiles Matt! I have been enjoying your gorgeous boas on the boa thread and I am so glad you posted here! Your boas are a treasure as are all the other bones on that thread!

But the shadow boxes are little works of art, and it is obvious that you enjoy creating them! Just as the beautiful boas you produce reflect your passion for the hobby.

It is so gratifying to see people doing wonderful things in the world that puts smiles on people’s faces! :pray::blush:

Thanks Matt! :pray:

5 Likes

Aw thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The end game is to hopefully make other people see the beauty I see in things, its alot of hit and miss but every hit counter acts 100 misses!

5 Likes

Amen to that Matt! Kind of like a ripple effect! :blush:

4 Likes

When you do make enough to start selling just remember I was the first in line :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Someone got their Etsy shopping spree delivered :joy:

8 Likes

This wall is going to look amazing

9 Likes

That wall is looking great!

4 Likes

Ohhhhh my goodness! These are PRISTINE!

I have a cabinet of curiosities full of things like this, and if/when you start selling (and if/when I have money, oops haha), I will absolutely be purchasing one oh my goodness!!

5 Likes

8 Likes

Little update on the insect art, I added some plants to the wall and it looks great!

I also am doing a ornament swap, and I need to make a few more of these guys but heres the first one

12 Likes

I love the addition of the plants, great idea! And whomever receives one of your ornaments is truly lucky. Amazing work!

5 Likes

Okay, 2/3 sisters down for our sibling ornament swap!

6 Likes

Those are lovely, Matt! What lucky sisters you have.

3 Likes

I made my friend a birthday gift that had a Christmasy theme to it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow! That’s amazing Matt! :heart:

2 Likes

Very festive ! Lucky friend.

1 Like