Introducing myself, how is your season going?

I agree, research has shown that Cresties in the wild have much more insects in their diet than originally thought, I feed my Cresties live insects 2-3 times a week on average.

I have bought Cresties as little as 4g but I’m an experienced owner. I’m not sure I’d sell them below 6g esp if using courier as they can loose a few grams weight in transit. But I haven’t bred my geckos yet, it’s just my preference.

3 Likes

Kaneki my first was 5g when I got him. Think that’s the smallest I’ve ever gotten myself.
I think after owning for a while and breeding yourself you sort of change how you feel. I haven’t purchased any from breeders myself now below 10g for a while as the last 2 we got from a breeder (well the other half got before I knew about them) were very small and are very slow growing! Though when looking, the breeder has a lot of slow growing Cresties that seem small for the age (ones smaller than these too in size) At 10 1/2 months old now, one is 11g and one is 14g. Now my holdback the same age is 26g, goes to show the bugs are needed as mine have them from the start and more than the 2 above was given from the breeder from the start.
And my 7 1/2 month old from Poland is 22g, was fed bugs from the start also and same amount as I do.

And look at yours now they’ve gotten more bugs! Growing well and nearly ready for babies! :wink:

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong once I have cute little baby geckos they probably won’t go till older… If at all :joy: and of I ever sent any overseas they would need to be much bigger, but that’s not something I know about yet so won’t go into that.

I like receiving my Cresties young, so I get to see them grow :blush: but that’s also why I’ve ended up with so many males lol

1 Like

That’s the hard part :joy:
I get so attached then more hatch and it’s overwhelming :sweat_smile: And I keep telling myself I can’t keep them all or I’ll never have room… :weary:
I’m trying to think what I want to do down the line etc. But I swear you see their faces and it changes :joy:
When Naruto is with Akira I know I’m going to struggle as Red lillies?! They’re going to all have to stay if I get any :sweat_smile::heart_eyes:

Yeah I get you, but even a bit older you still watch them grow and change :blush:
This is one I may be letting go, but you can see her size, and she’s 5 1/2 months old and 16g last weigh for reference.

3 Likes

I’ve got a few slow growers, so I’m assuming i will get some show growers in the offspring but will see.

I can’t wait for a red Lilly White, if my girl Strawberry ever gains enough weight :triumph:

2 Likes

Keep seeing them about too :weary:

Would rather produce one though! Touch wood next year we will both be on here showing them off :wink::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

For isopods I have zebra isopods and (I think) rubber duckies (I put them in a huge tub and didn’t realize they were so small and not adults). I also have bumblebee millipedes but they came with isopods in the tub and I realized they weren’t breeding. I just moved them yesterday so they should be breeding now. I also have dubias for feeders but I’m going to try to get hissing roaches and lobster roaches and/or red runners. For reptiles I’ve produced 1 crested gecko and 1 leopard gecko egg (due to hatch early September). I love gargs and nearly rescued one from craigslist (for a pet, not breeder) but someone else got it first.

1 Like

I love dalmatian cresties, thanks for sharing the pics! I have a group of harlequins, but no dalmations, I need them. And some bumpies too! I love the whole NCPTG group!

1 Like