IR guns causing me to question temps

@asceended yeahhhh, I tried the ice pack and one read 25 and they other read 19

I mean I used reptile basics 21 inch stuff On my boa AP enclosure

But for racks people usually use 6 or 4 inch I believe

This is all used for heating

Okay so I checked the boiling water aand they both fluctuated between 205-215 F

And I just checked the temp of the glass where she’s laying with both of them and the savarcate actually read 104 degrees and the general read 92 so what the heck. I’ve never had a temp read that high, but then the other one read almost a perfect temperature?

And I highly doubt it’s actually over 100 degrees when the herpstat is set to 94…

She is in a glass tank? Glass heats up very unevenly, This could be a contributor to your problem

1 Like

My thermostat is set at 93 for a hot side to maintain 90° am cool side to 81 to maintain 79

Yeah -_- I have a tub I can put her in now, but she’s just about to shed and I didn’t think it was a good idea to move her into a tub while she’s in shed. Unless that okay, I’ll move her right now.

1 Like

She’s never been in a tub before so I didn’t want her to have a bad shed if she was super stressed from being moved into a tub, but if she’d be okay to complete her shed in the tub then I can move her.

1 Like

You can look at ordering some ultratherm heat mats for your undertank heat. Consider insulating the tank to help with fluctuating temp issues.

2 Likes

I was looking at those on reptile basics but the ones they have are the 6”x11” and 6”x17” would either of those be okay?

I mean people maintain ball pythons in glass aquariums all the time, it might not be the best scenario or easiest

the insulation help with the UTH heat?

1 Like

@jdrum6
mr @randall_turner_jr makes a very good alternative point here

I don’t want her in a glass tank. I would much rather her be in a tub. Like I said I have a 7 level rack ordered from AP but they’re lead times are insane.

1 Like

It would help so that heat doesn’t get taken out of the glass, and heats more evenly overall

Okay, foam boards I could get. But if I wanted to move her to a tub, should I wait for her to complete her shed?

Their enclosures are well worth it though

Reptile Basics looks to have the 11x23 and 11x17 (I have a handful of 11x17s myself) in stock currently. Yes insulating will help with under tank heat. Anything to help prevent heat transfer (which glass does extremely efficiently) will keep temps more stable.

1 Like