Irwin Shedding

Nothing looks wrong with his shed, I just want to share it, his shed is roughly 4ft long and he is also roughly 2 years old. Tell me if this is fine for a snake this age. I also plan on moving him into a larger but taller terrarium in the next few months. I also know that the shed size is not the exact length of the snake.

6 Likes

Yeah it tends to stretch out a bit once it comes off. I feel like my carpet’s shed stretches out longer than the others in my collection. I’ve seen stretch anywhere from 5 to 9in. He’s pretty long! Congrats, you’re gonna have a big boy.

5 Likes

Yeah I know it stretches out partially but in his enclosure, he looks pretty long.

4 Likes

This is him on his basking area, which he is on multiple times a day. He does go into his hide all the time.

5 Likes

Ah he’s beautiful! I was gonna ask what kind he is, I’m most familiar with jungles and bredls
I know my jungle just turned 3, but he’s pretty small. He probably won’t need anything bigger that a 4x2x3 as an adult. Yours will probably need something bigger if he’s already 3 and 1/2 feet (roughly) at 2 years old.

5 Likes

The cool thing is, if he’s got good body condition, and it does look that way, then yeah, he’s a fine size for his age. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Also his basking area and his cool are is about or the correct temperature

4 Likes

Idk, what is his temps?

5 Likes

It is in the 90-92 Fahrenheit range.

5 Likes

Oh man he is magnificent! I don’t know anything about carpets but that guy is a keeper! :+1::star_struck:

3 Likes

Cool cool, all well and good.
Cool side?

3 Likes

72 and 78 Fahrenheit, but the 78 area is in the same area as the heat lamp.

2 Likes