First time snake owner, I read that led is good for stimulating activity so I just recently got an led bar for the enclosure. I have it set up in the middle back to illuminate the whole enclosure, but I also have a uvb light and heat lamp on the warm side. I’ve also read that one side needs to be darker for the snake to have a choice between lighting so I’m unsure if this is too much light for the snake or not help?
It is one way to achieve that but a better option would be to offer plenty of dark snug places for them to hide. That way they still get heating and a full spectrum of light and can still choose if they prefer some darkness. You may be thinking of the need for snakes to have a cool and warm side to their enclosure so they can thermoregulate.
UVB is optional, CKs don’t get much benefit from it compared to other heavy basking reptiles like Bearded Dragons do.
Edit: Just be sure that lights are off at night reguardless.
There’s a lot of debate on reptile lighting right now for animals that don’t typically bask for calcium needs. There’s not really a right or wrong in this case… As long as like mentioned by Christina, dark snug hides are provided.
I think the LED bar and UVB would be a little too much for my tastes, but without seeing the enclosure I wouldn’t know. I just think of the big and bright fish LEDs when I hear them used for plants or reptiles.