Is my baby hurt / in need of a vet?

I noticed Atlas’s butt looks a little weird, I’m worried he got hurt somehow. No behavior changes, but I’m still worried. Any help appreciated.

2 Likes

Looks like he/she needs a :poop:

8 Likes

I have a girl that gets constipated and looks like this. Usually a nice warm soak for 15 minutes and a butt massage (sounds weird but it works) clears her right out. The butt massage consists of me putting pressure a couple inches above the vent and running my finger down to the vent and doing it repeatedly until she poops.

8 Likes

Agreed with above advice, As pegakorn1 and ghoulishcresties said.
I would add – also may be a large uric acid crystal blockage.
In addition to the above advice maybe try a swim in the bath, The serpentine movement has a natural affect of moving things down.
If that does not work there are other, although t a little more invasive options, Like lubrication or physical movement. but those are rarely needed and a bit risky unless you know what your doing.

4 Likes

I doubt there is anything to worry about, many of my snakes will take on the “sausage butt” appearance when they have to take a :poop:— but usually a soak and sometimes gentle massage of their lower body will encourage them to go if you’re worried about it!

4 Likes

I agree with everyone else. Just be very very gentle when massaging- I have seen a snake die when massaged too vigorously. If the problem persists (unlikely) then it would be worth it to check your temps and make sure they’re high enough to enable normal digestion.

5 Likes

Thanks, that why I was suggesting that as a last resort, try the other methods first, then if your not experienced, get someone else to try that, or even a vet.

Good point :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks like she needs to poop

3 Likes