Is Super IMG a thing?

I read that IMG is a co-dominant gene in boas, but I’ve never seen a super IMG. Is the super IMG just impossible to differentiate from a single-allele IMG boa?

2 Likes

I realize this is an old topic but i would like to know about super img as well. I was playing around with img in the genetic calculator and when i put img to img i got super img. I was wondering if it’s an issue in boas and shouldn’t be done or if it’s just not distinguishable.

The morphpedia lists it as dominant: https://community.morphmarket.com/t/morphpedia-boa-constrictors-img/24386

1 Like

From what I can find, this is the case. I personally plan to breed IMG to IMG so that I can test it out, if there is not a conclusive answer by then.

2 Likes

I too was also wondering about this. Also does anyone know of any possible health problems with super IMG like the super Motleys?

1 Like

To my research, there’s not a health problem with super IMG. They’re just not identifiable. Though I can’t seem to find very much information on the presence of an actual proven super IMG. So that bring that into question. I think it would be very obvious though if the super IMG had a fetal development issue like a super motley.

2 Likes

Not seen any ‘super img’.
But when pairing img x img the babies seem a lot darker again and I must say, they’re perfection!

Was a female on mm a few weeks ago (can’t find now for you so may of deleted it) but she was from img x img and my gosh she was so dark!!

5 Likes

Was it this one? If so she’s on hold and going to the US. She’s from IMG x IMG pairing and is dark, but her brother is even darker

5 Likes

Here’s the brother of that female. If there’s a super, I’m sure he’ll prove it out

6 Likes

Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! That is the darkest yearling I have ever seen! I think that will prove out of it is a super IMG. In love with it! I would import him, if he is not a holdback.

3 Likes

Yes that’s her!! :black_heart:

4 Likes

I love IMG especially with jungle in it just awesome i need one!

4 Likes

Both have been almost completely black from the start and he’s insanely dark. I might consider letting him go to finance one of my other projects, but haven’t decided. But drop me a PM and we can discuss

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, I didn’t even realize you were the seller :joy:

4 Likes