Is this a Glow?

Hello everyone! So, my Chocolate GHI Mojave girl has gone through a color change recently, and I don’t know if it’s a glow or if she just changed color for some reason. I do know that GHIs will sometimes change color temporarily, but her color has been like this for a few weeks now without changing back to normal. She locked with my Pastel Chocolate DG probable Hypo on February 2nd (before her color changed), so she could be glowing and it’s just really noticeable since she is such a dark snake, but I’ve never seen anything like this before. Have any of you seen or experienced this before with the darker genes?

Here’s how she looks now

This is how she looked before

10 Likes

Yes, I would say it looks glow-ish.

3 Likes

I sure hope so, she refused to eat the last time I tried to feed her and she has been staying on the cool side, so fingers crossed that it is a glow and I can get some eggs from her soon!

3 Likes

I don’t work with ghi so can’t speak on that. But champagne changes dramatically like that. Usually if there still bowl wrapping they are building and not gravid. I would continue to keep pairing her until she loses interest.

3 Likes

Oh I know that she’s still building and I definitely plan on continuing to pair her, though my DG that I paired her to before is in shed now so I’m waiting for him to do that before I put him back in with her. I did put my Banana Super Cinnamon in with her recently, but I didn’t see him get a lock. Do you have any pictures of a glowing Champagne? I would love to see how different they look when they glow.

3 Likes

Actually I do not! I was referring to the champagnes ability to change color in general. All my champagne clutches are from two different males. So never had a glowing champagne gal! Next year hopefully have two my butter citrus champagne fire and my black mimosa. The black pastel mimosa changes in color over the year and a half since I hatched her have been insane. I have about 50 million pictures documenting it lol.

3 Likes

That’s awesome, I didn’t know that they could change color that much as they grew!

3 Likes

Damn!!! that Chocolate GHI Mojave still looks absolutely amazing.

In Love Cartoon GIF by Space Jam

3 Likes

7 Likes

Thank you, I really love how she looks as well!

2 Likes

That’s definitely a dramatic color change! I love the yellow on it’s nose, and that yellow dorsal stripe looks really interesting as well!

3 Likes

Just an update on this girl, but check this out!

![20210402_144039|375x500]
She had moved over to the hot side a little while ago and I managed to catch her ovulation last night! It might be a bit hard to tell from the pictures, but I had made sure that it was an ovy by checking for a tail suck, which she definitely had! I guess that really answers my question on if she was glowing or not lol.

1 Like

100% a glow. Without a doubt

1 Like

Super nice! Really looking forward to seeing that clutch! I’m getting close with a few of my gals. This is the gal I’m most excited about! This was her this morning!

3 Likes

She looks uncomfortable lol and thank you! I’m really looking forward to it also!