Is this overweight for a 2 year old corn?

that’s what I’m hoping for in the paring! I think its so cute what they get all of the white spreading to their heads too! I have a year old bloodred female who has a little bit of white on their head too shes also pos het scaleless so i might try and prove her out one day

4 Likes

Her colors are so bright and sunny! So I read this tread but didn’t see her name? I’m a name person! Lol! I think you are really on to something with that beautiful girl! :blush:

3 Likes

Her name is ember! When I breed her to the male i have planned for next year i fould produce some hypo granite pieds het amel! Then if i bred one of them back to her (which i believe is ok?) I could produce some hypo avalanche pieds so im really hoping she proves out to be het hypo alough im not sure how you would detect pied in a white snake lol

3 Likes

Well to tell you the truth I have no clue what you just said! Lol! M I don’t understand all this morph stuff but you seem to really know what you’re doing and I can’t wait to see the offspring you have planned! And I really like her name! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thanks! I havent got the snake im paring her too yet though but I have paid for him im just waiting for him to be shipped now. Im also not sure on what to name him yet either?

3 Likes

Well just wait until you see him in real life and maybe you will be inspired. I think his name should coincide with hers somehow! What do you think? :thinking:

3 Likes

Yea that would be a good idea. I could send pictures of him from the breeder if you like?

3 Likes

Sure if you want to! Give us and others a head start on a name for him! :+1:

3 Likes

3 Likes

He is GEORGOUS! Holy cow! Here is the first pitch: FIREMAN

3 Likes

That could be a good one. Also with bloodreds they loose pattern with age and darken and also gain more red colours.

3 Likes

Well wait till you actually get him. See what his demeanor is too.

Second pitch: REDHOT

Lol! I’m just being silly but this is quite fun! Lol!

3 Likes

Yea lol. I should be getting the time slot for his delivery next week so it shouldnt be too long until I have him!

3 Likes

if she does prove out to be het for hypo this would be the pairing.

3 Likes

Names are fun. I like Fireman as a possible name. Heck, snakes are fun! Leakey is definitely headed for size records, lol.

@shadowspiderjack, when I was first getting into corns, I kept reading descriptions of healthy weight and not being confident I understood how to evaluate one myself. I’m not an artist (ask any of the students who were subjected to my illustrations on the board :rofl:) but I made a sketch which might help you on figuring out when corn snake is a healthy weight.

4 Likes

From this she doesnt seem to be too bad then. At the top of the thread I did include a picture of her body and her tail does slowly go to her body without any hips which can be seen in obese corns

3 Likes

Your girl doesn’t look too bad in those pics. Fwiw, those hips are not necessarily present; most overweight corns lack hips. Also, there seems to be at least something of a hormonal cause; they virtually always occur on females who’ve been bred.

3 Likes

Ah ok that makes more sense then

3 Likes

@caryl You have earned a A in art! Very impressive! :snake::ok_hand::clap:

3 Likes

Haha, I don’t know about that. You’re too kind, @caron. But, well, I try and get the point over. I remember the students (validly) harassing me about my illustrations. We all laughed at them, and hopefully the kids learned something. Heck, maybe the drawings being a bit goofy even helped them stick in peoples’ minds.

4 Likes