Is this really two toned or typical of the morph

“Paradox” is a bastard term that has no legitimate scientific value/usage. It is used in the industry to describe any animal that shows some type of pattern/colour discourdance that would not be expected of the combo. The two most common causes we see for this in the hobby are mosaicism and chimerism, but there are others

5 Likes

oh, thank you for the information. It is easy to become confused when common terms are used.

2 Likes

The parents are
Dad- Banana Yellowbelly het pied

Mom- het pied

I think if the coloration stays after shedding I just may have something but who knows he could change.

2 Likes

I am think what you have might be a Pied Banana/Pied Banana YB paradox and the presence/absence of YB is what is causing the discord

4 Likes

Does YB cause this type of effects with other morphs to your knowledge? Or only when paradox comes into play with YB?
Very interesting topic.

1 Like

Not fully sure what you are asking here… ??

Paradoxs are random and cannot be determined what effects it will have with certain morphs

Would the presence or absence of YB be the only thing contributing to this snakes overall unique appearance, even if it’s paradox.
Or I guess does the YB overall have higher rates of paradox or this kind of two toned display?

Ok thank you, that helps clear up some questions I’ve had about paradox. Wasn’t sure if certain morphs threw the same types of paradox, which I know are random. Or if certain morphs can contribute paradox in a predictable way.
Thank you

Genetic or not I definitely decided to keep him and name him “Two Face”. Still waiting for him to shed. Should be any day now. I’ll post more pictures soon.

5 Likes

Smart move

Ah, okay.

No, YB does not have a higher occurrence rate for paradoxing. I am saying that I think the cause of the paradoxing here is a result of the random presence/absence of YB in certain parts of the animal in the same way that the presence/absence of Spider could cause random spots of pattern discord to appear

Make sense?

2 Likes

In other words… It’s head and tail expresses YB, where as the middle section doesn’t.

2 Likes

Ok gotcha definitely makes sense. Thank you sir :grin:.

Stunner of a snake. I don’t have any insight into the science of it, but I’m interested to see down the road if this can be re-created. Very cool project that landed in your lap!

3 Likes

He shed and colors are still different but not quite as dramatic as birth pictures.

9 Likes

Wowza that’s so beautiful :heart_eyes:. I think he looks even better now after he shed, what a snake!
That’s just so interesting to stare at. I’ll definitely be keeping my eyes out in a few years if he produces a clutch from you, if you plan to work him into any projects that is.
Congrats very nice holdback.

1 Like

Thank you, yes I plan to breed him back to the het pied mom to see if something is genetic here. I will also pair the same parents until he is ready.

4 Likes

Better lighting

5 Likes

4 Likes