Is this really two toned or typical of the morph

I don’t believe the blue ghost was ever proven to be genetic.

Both that I know of either but was it being worked in like a project? Or was it a pet owner.

I know of one a fellow local breeder has one. It’s a female it has laid a clutch for him. None of the offspring showed the trait. He held back the entire clutch. He plans on breeding a male from the clutch back to the mother. It’s really blue and amazing in person. But I’m guessing it’s not repeatable. I’d still like to have it in my collection though lol. Yours is amazing as well and I hope you can prove it genetic! I’ve hatched out some wild stuff most of the time they don’t look as good as they age. Wish you the best with your project!!!

1 Like

7 Likes

Beautiful animal! It looks like it really wanted to be a banana ivory pied in the middle, and a deep purple banana pied otherwise!

1 Like

Completely agree with t_h_wyman on this one. I feel like its a paradox where portions of the snake are showing the yellowbelly and other portions are not. Super cool. I cant wait to hatch a snake with some type of cool paradox marking/influence.

1 Like

I had a similar thing happen this year with my banana pieds, one banana pastel pied came out with a normal banana patch and a separate faded patch and other nana pastel pied patches.

4 Likes

Well now something else is happening from the same father of my Banana Yellowbelly Pied. I bred the same father (Banana Yellowbelly het Pied x Butter Ghost)…

To be continued…

2 Likes

That is still pretty dramatic. I would keep him too and I like his name.

Yes I’m keeping him… “Two Face” and I hatched a Fire Mojave Yellowbelly and. Banana Butter Yellowbelly Ghost. These are all male holdbacks.

This Banana Yellowbelly Pied is 50% ph Ghost

5 Likes

So s lot of the areas in the previous pictures where there is off-white…it’s turning grey and black. This guy keeps changing color. There is now a grey/black development on the head stamp too.

I’m so excited about this guy

2 Likes

Please, pictures. It sounds fantastic.

8 Likes

Maybe it is a strange manifestation of the black spots on bananas. Just a lot of it in one area.

1 Like

Maybe but there is random actual black scales coming in between areas too

It’s too cool

1 Like

@sickpyth7 Such a pretty snake.

I received a private message about the eye color. It’s true… what defines the eye color in this snake. Blue eyes, is that typical of this combo?

1 Like

The eyes look more gray to me personally. But some banana combos can have similar eyes, mainly lighter morphs with banana.

For the combo possiblity for this animal, banana yellowbelly and pied I would say the eyes are not common for this combo.

1 Like