Iselle, Scaleless corn snake update

Bugging Iselle in her hide a few days ago and kept trying to get a tongue shot but I wasn’t fast enough.

5 Likes

She’s so pretty! I hope I can get a scaleless someday!

2 Likes

They feel amazing!

2 Likes

Oketee? She’s gorgeous though. Maybe I’ll get lucky and find some of her offspring one day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

‘Just’ a normal/classic. She should be up to breeding size next year. She’s supposed to be 3 years old but is a little small for her age. By then, Surakos, my male scaleless normal, should be ready too. They have a couple hets and poss hets in common.

2 Likes

@elementalexotics Even to have a Het would be worth it. Also seeing how the scaleless gene tends to alter patterns and colors is interesting. Less definition on patterns in some and others tend to be more bold. Exceedingly awesome.

What’s your take on how scaleless do btw? Like do they require alternate things compared to scaled snakes? Is their skin soft and fragile? More prone to injury or blemishes? I’ve never had the chance to ask someone with experience in them tbh.

2 Likes

They do well in general. It’s like Amel, you should be a little more mindful of rough surfaces, ect, the same as not exposing melanin deficit animals to excess UV, etc. So have a little less protection against some things but their skin isn’t fragile either. It feels like suede, kind of like a Crested gecko but thicker.

3 Likes