It Finally Happened

I finally purchased the animal I’ve been dreaming about owning for a year and a half! I just bought a beautiful northern blue tongue skink! She’ll be arriving to me on Wednesday, and I am so excited to receive her. Now, does anyone have any name ideas? I was thinking about going for a plant theme, but I’m not sure which plant.

9 Likes

Maybe a plant from its native range? If going that route, I like the name Wattles. There are over 1000 species of wattles in Australia belonging to the Acacia genus, and then also blue tongues have stubby legs that make them waddle :smiling_face:

Whatever you decide to name her, she looks great!

5 Likes

I absolutely love that idea the name Wattles is an adorable name for a blue tongue.

5 Likes

Congratulations on making your dream come true! Wattles is a fun name idea. Whatever you choose, she’s a lovely girl.

5 Likes

I’m a huge Golden Girls fangirl, so I was thinking maybe Rose. It would go along with the plant theme as well. What do y’all think?

1 Like

Congrats on your first skink, she’s a beauty!

I like both ‘Rose’ and ‘Wattles,’ that’s a tough choice. :thinking: Maybe wait until she arrives and you get a feeling for her personality? Like, is she more quiet/shy/sensitive or more derpy/goofy/silly?

1 Like