I've seen triple het projects, any triple supers?

I see triple hets are the bees knees these days (rightfully so!). I’m wondering has anyone treated co-doms like recessives and gone after any triple supers?

I only looked for a super enchi super pastel super OD example on MM, but did not see any. Maybe this is the way of the future?

If quad hets are happening, could a quad super be next??

Any examples to share??

2 Likes

Well I’m sure you could at least do a two gene super like a super fire super pastel but once you add to many genes it will just become impossible to tell what it has. Chris Hardwick did a video on how many possible combinations are possible with ball pythons and said that if you add too many genes to a snake it will either become white or too washed out and either some other single color for you to tell what it has.

To mark this point with a specific example: I have, for the past few years, had the potential to make a quad super in my collection but I have very specifically chosen to not pair those animals. Why would I waste my time and my female trying to make a SuperButter SuperOD SuperPastel Ivory Enchi Woma when it is going to look no different from a SuperButter? How would I even know that I had made it? Statistically, there is a very, very slim chance that any white snake I make could be it. But those same statistics stack extremely high on any white snake I make being anything other than what I am trying for. And in the exceedingly unlikely event that I did manage to beat all the odds, while it would be a genetic powerhouse, how would I be able to market it as anything other than a simple SuperButter?

3 Likes

Well, sure you wouldn’t stack supers in the BEL complex or Ivories. Of course you wouldn’t dump genes into all white snakes (unless you have a specific breeding power purpose). I get that part… I also hear you on piling genes just to pile them on. That’s not my point.

But what about something like Pastel, enchi, and OD as a triple super? I think that would be a really clean bright, yellow/orange snake. Also if those were the only genes in the mix, you could identify those as supers pretty easily. Something like this wouldn’t ever make a white snake. There’s tons of genes that don’t make white snakes.

2 Likes

Well if you didn’t do anything in the bell complex or if you used powerful Gene’s like enchi or leopard then sure it could be possible. I could see a super version of a leopard enchi pastel OD.

1 Like

Ozzyboids has some superOD superenchi stuff with other genes like pastel and yellow-belly on there so it’s only a matter of time before other supers or act-like-supers like super pastel or highway get added.

2 Likes