Ivory ball python question

So we have a ball python named Tusk. She is a female super yellow belly. She is as white as a white wedding save for a very faint lavender head stamp. Not a lick color on her under regular lights, close to full growth and getting whiter. Beautiful snake. When we got her I did inquire what her parents were, and the guy had just shrugged and said she was a double yellow belly. So when she was younger we try to blacklight and nothing came up pattern wise. We tried to blacklight today and all we could find was a dorsal stripe going from the nape of her neck all the way down to the base of her tail. Very dark very solid, no other signs of patterning anywhere else on her. We then compared to our banana pie to verify that we weren’t just missing pattern and we were able to easily define where his patterns continued on his white. So I’m not going crazy.

Anyone got any ideas on what she could be other than ivory? We are planning to breed her in the future. So we were kind of hoping for a rough estimate of what to get instead of a mystery grab bag.

Not that we’re opposed to a mystery grab bag clutch but, she’s definitely hiding something. Included our pictures of her all white and under a black light sorry I’m not great with photography.

3 Likes

She is absolutely flawless :heart_eyes:
I have no idea how do identify underneath a black light but maybe @eaglereptiles and @westridge could help you
Once again she is gorgeous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thanks♥️ she’s also a complete sweetheart, too. One of my favorites to work with.

1 Like

Do you any other pictures not under the black light? She looks like a black eyed Lucy.Ivories (super yellowbelly) are not a stark white snake. The are a yellowish or off white. Im not sure why you suspect she has additional genes? Without any information on the parents it will be virtually impossible to tell if she has additional genes.

2 Likes

I’d have to agree with @saleengrinch on that one.
I’ve never seen an Ivory at white as yours. Also she has a very white head for an Ivory.
First thing I thought when I saw this post was that she is a Blk Eyed Lucy.

3 Likes

I’ll snag some more pics of her when I get home, full body, but basically, paper white snake. She seemed stupidly white for an ivory to me, too, even as a baby. But that was what I was told she was… If she’s a BLK eyed, should I look out for anything if I’m pairing her up down the line.

1 Like

I concur on not ivory, just based on the remarkable white.

Gorgeous snake!

2 Likes

sorry that took so long, ended up staying overnight at work for a few days because of weather.

4 Likes

I’m almost postive that is a black eyed Lucy. Looks way to white and clean to be an ivory. Ivory is a dirty white here is a picture of a ivory I have you can see the difference in white.

As far as pairing breeding her with vanilla will give you vanilla creams(one of my favorites) which is a super form that is not white. Butter and fire pairs well too! And of course pair to fire for super fires. If you go with the sulfur line of fire to pair to makes some super fires with a lot of yellow.

3 Likes

All right one of the boys we have is a fabulous example of fire enchi so we will plan on pairing them first. I have to check the genetics of the others, though one of the boys comes from the same snake breeder and I think he was a bit wrong on that one too. Thank you for confirming for me that she’s probably a black-eyed Lucy and not an ivory, we really couldn’t understand how she got so white and was an ivory. Still one of my favorite snakes that we have, and very photogenic.

3 Likes

@noodlebowl f you want to post some pictures of the other snake you have question on we could get some opinions on what he is. And your welcome! Always happy to help anyway I can!

3 Likes