Jelly on a mission

I have no idea why my wife named her “Jelly” but… I named the male “Valentine” after a Bowie song obvs

15 Likes

Oh my gosh. I swear I have a snow corn snake (female) named Valentina! Yes, though not after a David Bowie song, just because it is a very nice name itself. Though, love Bowie. Your pictures are honestly part of the reason I live MorphMarket so much. Thank you for your small contributions, they help me. My mental health really spiraled out of control this last year and your pics kept me in the swing of things, and the fact that I can say this, and hope not to be judged is the whole reason I’m on here (and to see some wicked reptiles :joy:). So, thank You! I love your photography wholeheartedly.The way your capture the elegance, personality, and the animals tone in a single, stellarly placed scene is remarkable to me. I hope someday I can get into photography, I’ve always been interested in the way things look, and experimenting with the lighting and angles of a shot. I used to say my gift was seeing the beauty and the horror in every living thing… If you count that as a gift lol. I see a story and a background out of literally nothing, and I have a very overactive imagination, especially for someone who is 31. Oh my gosh… I’m going to shut up now, thank you for all you do for this community @welshmorphology I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say your are DEEPLY appreciated here.

7 Likes

Oh bless you. THANKYOU so so much for your kind words. They really are appreciated. Having a tough time atm…Bipolar/schizoeffective…med increase…gotta move house MEH!! I use photography as a form of art therapy alongside meds and Bowie. Anything to get the feel goods. I have a VERY vivid imagination in my 40s lol

4 Likes

Yeah I get that, my husband is always telling me to stop daydreaming lol. Yeah I have (diagnosed and on meds) anxiety, depression, adhd, ptsd, ADD, and ocd. I’ve got a great family to help distract me but my head gets away from me sometimes, and I meant each and every word I said. You photography is benissiamo . Sorry had to let a little Italian slip there, going back to my roots, being a born and raised :it: Italian.

3 Likes

Oh the anxiety disorders meh!!! I have general, social and agorophobia…I don’t get out much lol. My meds have done wonders for the day to day anxieties and OCD only rears it’s head when I am stressed. My main issue is that my bipolar is rapid cycling and when under stress I can change in half an hour MEH. I have a long suffering wife, bless her. Sorry to hear you suffer too :frowning:
Once again thanks x

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that, may our struggles one day be no more than the thoughts in our heads. A toast to that would be nice :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

I’ll lift a glass to that along with you two!

Merci for the gifts, commiseration for the challenges, and humbled amazement for the honesty. It means more than you can know to many.

2 Likes

Also, Jelly’s a charmer!

2 Likes

Just water for me… Tee total now. Used to have 16-20 cans of Guinness each day, EVERYDAY after work, whilst sorting the animals and photographing…Since my section 7 years ago I went full throttle on meds so as they increased the tobacco and alcohol decreased. I am caffeine free too. My last vice (I am a thirsty person) was diet fizzy soda. It’s been 16 weeks this coming monday. 5 litres of water, CBD and herbal tea these days. I don’t take anything psychoative except a tiny bit like 1mg a couple of times in my vape :slight_smile: I never used to vape either, but its the quickest way to get CBD into your system and stops me craving and eating sweet things when I get medication munchies lol. Just a lot goin on in life atm…big house move…waiting for bariatric surgery… KEEP ON KEEPING ON <3

2 Likes

She is a sweetie

1 Like

Honesty is the best policy. I’ve had to embrace my mental health. I’m in my 40’s now. I so wish I got help earlier in life…but hey ho…

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

House moves were always my wort nightmare as well, luckily I haven’t moved in about 6 years. Thank you for sharing, I always feel a bit of secludedness because I’m generally the only one sharing, but the fact that someone else does as freely as I do is very good to hear, it is good to be open,you never know who you can help just by speaking up.

3 Likes

EXACTLY! It’s with the hope of giving someone else a voice…and hopefully they can get help if suffering

2 Likes