Julatten or not?

Hello all!

What do you make of this animal? Typical looking Julatten or way off the mark. Being sold as such but I am not experienced enough to be certain. All input welcome!..

2 Likes

I’m by no means an expert but certainly does looks julatten to me. I have a pair who are similar looking.

1 Like

In my opinion it is does look it, but I wouldn’t buy any morelia without a solid lineage chart. You can take a look at the Nick Mutton’s site, http://inlandreptile.com/and compare it to his. I personally would only purchase from a handful of breeders, Julatten from Nick being one (or Eric Burke, but his came from Nick) because they’ve kept track of lineage and been very transparent of all their projects

4 Likes

Did the person selling it produce it? Or know who produced it? If your really wanting that specific locale of jungle i would definitely question lineage, but from examples of this local here in the states it looks like it is, just most would want lineage to prove it. Its a beautiful carpet though…

1 Like

To date only 2 people have produced real Julattens, the vast majority came from my breedings, if the seller claims they produced it , you should be skeptical and ask for more information. They vary of course but the snake pictured is within that range of variability, though its a bit unusual.

4 Likes

It says you just joined, so welcome! Hope to see you post around! Would definitely love to see some good information about localities and proper lineage documentation :slight_smile:

It looks similar, but julatten is a locality and not a “morph” so without knowing its lineage to see if its from the proper locality, you can really only know that it looks similar.