Just an interesting mojave? Or possible harlequin mojave?

This boy came from my first clutch. Sire was supposed to be a lesser mojave but proved out as a super mojave GHI. And this interesting boy popped up.
Dam is a proven normal.
Thoughts?
Either way he is a keeper!
First 2 photos are the day he hatched, 3rd and 4th are after first shed and 5th after 2nd shed.

15 Likes

I’ve seen this guy before I think! He’s a smoke show for sure! You said the sire proved to be ghi? Were any of the other hatchlings ghi?

3 Likes

Yes, there were 2 GHI babies that hatched out. The GHI was a bit of a surprise however

12 Likes

I’ve never seen a ghi mojave w such a wide and complete stripe like that, or w that kind of white blushing. Very nice unexpected surprise.

4 Likes

:fire::fire::fire:
Can we see the whole clutch together?

3 Likes

7 Likes

What’s the mother look like? You got a plus one gene on one side.

2 Likes

Here’s the dam

5 Likes

You have more photos of this guy?image

4 Likes

Here’s a couple in natural and artificial light, and one comparing him to a sibling

6 Likes

You for sure got something else going on in that clutch. The blushing is insane on that guy. If it was me I would hang on to the females!!!

3 Likes

That’s my thought. I am repeating the pairing, but one of his sisters after her 2nd shed also gained some really nice blushing

8 Likes

Almost looks like you have yellowbelly in the mix that guy is super orange in the blushing!!! So many times in bels there are extra genes floating around. Looks like you were dealt a pair lol.

6 Likes

I was thinking something like red stripe, they throw wide back stripes and dark black trim like that and have reduced alien heads and high blushing w GHI. Or something dark like mahogany(but I don’t think so). Yellowbelly’s a possibility but the ones I’ve seen the YB/GHI pretty much washes out the alien heads. Nice future projects either way.

2 Likes

I never thought of red stripe being a possibility! But I can see what you mean. I’m really excited to pair him later on to see what the results are

2 Likes

Him currently after a few sheds and some growth. Hoping to pair him late next year
If I get any females like him this year, I’ll be keeping them.

6 Likes

I would believe you have some kind of Harley gene in there. Would be worth breeding him out to see if you can isolate it. I would also talk to the breeder and see if you can learn the original pairing as that might answer some questions for you.

Colour is not right for Mojave RS. Neither are the laterals:

5 Likes

I’m the breeder of the snake in this post. But for the sire which was a BEL complex animal, I don’t have access to who bred him anymore. I’m hoping to breed the snake in my original post next year if all goes well.
The pairing was originally just supposed to be super mojave X normal. Bur the male also threw GHI and then it seems the added extra gene