Just showing off my two cuties

Just figured i’d show off my two adorable little sand boas, they are both just over a year. The little anery is a little chunky I know, she’s been bumped up to fed every 10 days now and if she doesn’t lose that chunk will be bumped to 14.
But anyway, I absolutely adore these two, and can’t wait to get some babies in a few years

12 Likes

I love sand boas! Definitely going to be a snake I get one day.

4 Likes

Sweet little boa worms you have there! I am partial to the Aneries myself. Sand boas are such unique little creatures! Thank you for sharing! :blush:

2 Likes

Fresh shed off the little albino, the anery just came out of blue so i’ll snap a few pics once she sheds.

4 Likes

Those guys are beautiful! Their colors are so vibrant! :+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Beautiful sand boas! The anery doesn’t look too chunky to me. Maybe a little, but not bad. They are fairly heavy-bodied little worms. But it’s good that you’re trying to avoid obesity. Generally speaking, I think many people tend to over-feed their snakes, and too many captive snakes are overweight.

1 Like

Thank you! She’s definitely not terrible, but you have to nip stuff like that in a bud as far as i’m concerned. I think it’s been about a month since that particular picture was taken, and the slower feeding(and more handling to give her exercise) seems to be doing the trick, not as much squish. According to her last weigh she’s still growing like a weed too, so i’m definitely a pleased noodle owner!

2 Likes

Not the best pic, as the little lady was feeling much less lazy after a shed and didn’t want to hold still. But she finally shed!

4 Likes

Someone was not having it today, and apparently didn’t want his picture taken. Yes I was using a white notebook for my background, it’s all I have lol

3 Likes

These are the two decent pics I got before I gave up and let him go back to sleep.

3 Likes

This little gal was much better behaved thankfully. I’m by no means a good photographer, but at least she held still

5 Likes

Little dude somewhat cooperated this time around for pics

2 Likes