Just want to check if I have their morphs right

I just wanted to check if they’re both are plain harlequins?
The one without its tail is a harlequin with full pinstripes, while the other one is a harlequin with partial pinstripes, nothing more?

6 Likes

The look like they’re Tricolour too.
X

2 Likes

Oh yes, that makes sense. I forgot the previous owner told me they produced tricolours together. I was also told they produced extreme harlequins together.

2 Likes

The first one isn’t a full pin and looks like she may be a tri color.

The second looks about right except that it also looks to be a tri. Very interesting pattern on his back though.

2 Likes

Would he be considered a tri colour since he seems to have the same colouring?

1 Like

For me, I’d consider them as harlequin as the tricolour isn’t distinctive enough, however if proven to breed tricolour then tricolours.

I agree the frogbut is a high % pinstripe, not quite a full pin.

The male looks to have slight FTS though so make sure he’s got plenty of horizontal surfaces

1 Like

I would consider both tricolour pinstripes, the first one pm full, and the second partial. Both have minimal possible markers for het EB, but would have to be proven.

Both of them have a really interesting look to their dorsals - The first one reminds me of something I’ve seen around in FB trait groups, but it hasn’t really been proven/worked with yet afaik though. The second one’s breaks look very even and rounded compared to what you normally see with tiger. It could be nothing in either of them, but personally I think it would be worth looking out for in the offspring if you do decide to breed them :blush:

1 Like

Sorry What does FB and FTS stand for?

FB is Facebook, there’s a lot of great genetics groups on there where a ton of (potential) new stuff show up. FTS is Floppy Tail Syndrome which typically happens when the gecko stays in a position with it head down too much which leads to the tail flopping either out over the head, or to either side. This typically causes a dip near the tail-root, like the second gecko you posted seems to have. Some believe it to be an entirely cosmetic issue, some believe it to potentially cause problems by twisting the hips of the geckos in really bad cases, which could lead to difficulties defecating and egg-laying. Either way, like Fox said it can sometimes be helped by adding more horizontal surfaces for the gecko to sleep and stay on, as it might be a symptom of not having enough - However, some geckos just refuse to sleep in any other way that head down.

2 Likes

Ok I’ll make sure to put more horizontal surfaces in his cage! Thank you

1 Like

I checked him out again and I think it may have just been the angle. His tail seems to hang straight but I’ll still give him more horizontal surfaces just in case.

1 Like

It may of just been the pic.

But to tell, they usually get a small dip at the base of the dorsal, plus the tail kinks up slightly, rather than been able to move & bend fully like the rest of the tail.

I have a gecko here that I often move because he loves being upsidedown. He literally sleeps on the underneath of leaves :person_facepalming:

Slight is more cosmetic, but it can lead to complications if more than slight, esp if female

Here is a pic of mine, incase that helps

1 Like

Okay, I see. I’ll make sure to watch him more closely than usual. Thank you!

Very low expressioned, will produce them with right lady!

My Kaneki has actually faded as he’s gotten older and lost a lot of white, so he doesn’t look much like a tricolour now but he defo is and was when I got him haha. He had lots of white and as you can see now it’s changed and he’s lost some! :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

He’s a still very pretty male!

2 Likes