Juvie Snake Poop Concerns

I’ve got a 10 month old Texas rat. Since about a month ago he’s always pooped feces and urates like so: dark on one side and yellow/chalk on the other. But ecently they have had swirls in them and on one, a small amount of green. He eats 1 fuzzy a week. Temps are 85-90 on warm side and 75-80 on cool side with a night drop of 70. Humidity between 40-60 and he always has access to a humid hide. I recently took him to the vet for a checkup on 4/22/22 and his fecal results all came back good with nothing to report. Since his last meal which was 4/27 he has pooped 4 times. He typically poops 1-3 times between each meal. I just had him out in his cloth playpen an hour ago and he excreted in two different spots in there. I’ve sent photos to his vet but haven’t received a response yet so I figured I’d see if you folks had any input or have seen things like this. I’m a fairly new snake keeper and with that comes my paranoia. Here’s some photos of the suspicious poops. 1st pic is dried, 2nd and 3rd are fresh.

5 Likes

I’m not seeing anything I would necessarily consider concerning at all. Poop isn’t always uniform.

5 Likes

Same, nothing weird

5 Likes

I don’t see anything worrisome either, but if you’re concerned you could always give some probiotics. I use NutriBac monthly with mine. It comes in powder and is easy to sprinkle on the food item. I’ve never had a snake refuse a meal because of it. It’s made a huge difference for snakes with digestive issues in the past.

Again, I don’t see anything worrisome in your pics, but the probiotic might ease any worry.

3 Likes

I appreciate all of your input, thank you!

3 Likes