Kinda bummed my baby Tityus Obscurus died

Yesterday it was crawling about the enclosure, today it was laying crumpled up and missing a pedpalp, not even sure what happened or how. I hadn’t had it long so i never got to watch it grow like my other animals. Only had it a few weeks up until yesterday everything was going well, at least my other nursery babies are doing really well.

Im not sure if the cork bark i used caused it to get stuck, i really don’t know. RIP lil guy

3 Likes

Really sorry for the loss.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s always tough to lose an animal, but it’s extra frustrating when they drop dead for no apparent reason. S/he was a beautiful little critter, I’m sorry you won’t get to watch it grow up. RIP little guy (or gal). :frowning:

3 Likes

Thanks :pray: im not really upset about lising the money i spent, thats kinda part of the game so to speak, but i was really excited for this baby and they are hard to come by. I really try to care for my aracnids making sure they are healthy. Im sure eventually ill find another one, maybe a sub adult bc they are so tiny. Im completely at a loss as to what happened especially losing a pedpalp, im not rulling out a cricket doing some damage. My babies eat a lot more frequently than my adults. The adults will fast ( which for me triggers worry for no real reason ) they may go weeks or more without eating. My scorps will kill them but not eat. The babies seem pretty ravenous.

2 Likes

So sorry you lost this little one. I wish you the best in finding another at some point. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Im sure i will i have about 5 breeders i connected with to get my inverts from.

3 Likes

Aw, I’m sorry. I know it’s a “bug” to other people, but you care a lot about them and they’re important to you

4 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss. Unexpected losses are the hardest to take. Hugs and prayers.

2 Likes