Lady Death gave birth!

I actually saw Lady Death giving birth through the crack in the log where she decided to give birth. It was neat to watch that process of life. I wish i could have recorded it.

I suspected that she was gravid but wasn’t 100% she must have come to me gravid, so now i suspect it was possibly wild caught and not capative born as I believe i was informed.

Well a few things positive here. I will have Leiurus Quinquestriatus babies to keep or sell. I finally have something that can eat my roach nymphs, i thought id be having to get more tubs to house them. I might ask my niece if she wants a baby, she is just like me we both love the “creepy crawlies”

I really hope she doesn’t eat her babies like my Androctonus Amoreuxi did. Im just hoping i can save a few from dying.

Gravid Lady Death

Lady Death in her log with babies

9 Likes

Congratulations, that’s very cool! Hopefully Lady Death is a better mom than your other scorpion who you caught eating her babies.

5 Likes

Hooray for baby scorpions! Double hooray for mama scorpion who didn’t snack on her babies!

3 Likes

A more clear picture of her babies.
IMG_20220926_215001_109

7 Likes

Very cool! Congrats!

3 Likes

Ty momma seems fine and not eating her babies

4 Likes

Hooray! What a good momma. :joy:

5 Likes

Such a good mama :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: im thinking she may have eaten some but so far at least she still has many on her back. Its really hard to bot want to check on her out of concern for her babies but stress really can mess them up where she may decide to eat them all.

5 Likes

This little lady looks like she ready to pop too.

Buthacus Leptochelys Nitzani AKA Egyptian Green AKA Lady Conquest.

9 Likes

My poor baby Lady Famine ( i named my 4 adults after the 4 horsemen ). Androctonus Amoreuxi ( Tunisian Fattail) lost all her babies :cry: :sob: :skull_and_crossbones: :wilted_flower:. I had so hoped she had babies that lived.

Would have been nice to have had some baby Androctonus Amoreuxi ( not seen often in collections )

5 Likes

Congratulations :tada:

3 Likes

Thank you, now if some can make it to 2i so that i can separate them, that would be amazing. Im sad my Androctonus Amoreuxi lost all her babies especially since her species isn’t commonly found especially as CB, i believe that my Buthacus Leptochelys Nitzani looks gravid and hope she gives birth too, these are amazing animals and also difficult to have CB as many young have difficulties molting and are really susceptible to mycosis.

3 Likes

Here’s hoping :slightly_smiling_face::crossed_fingers:

That is such a shame & I can imagine a lot has the potential to go wrong early on, anyway to increase the chances of your broods making it?

4 Likes

One of the biggest thing is reducing stress, as stress is a big factor. Leaving them alone a small secure hide they can squeeze into. Sometimes they eat young if they are defective or Sometimes if they are hungry, which is hardest because putting prey in can stress them out, even opening the enclosure can stress them. Basically i threw a blanket over the top to make it really dark and to keep kitty away. I have temp and humidity monitors that have a decent size cord so i can monitor conditions without opening up.

4 Likes

After about 10 to 20 days depending on species they will have their 1st molt. At which time they are able to sting and they can leave mom. Some species will stay with mom up to 2 years! After the 1st molt most species can be separated and its probably good to do as the mother may possibly see the babies as prey and not her babies.

3 Likes