Last first clutch of 2022, Odin x Sunlight

The first baby pipped last last night, Day 64. This morning there is a second nose, which looks to be Caramel or Anery Caramel. That answers my question about Sunlight’s genetics. She’s Xanthic Snow het Hypo, Stripe. I had thought she was potentially Citrine het Stripe. Her different look in comparison to other Xanthic Snows I’ve produced is apparently individual variation rather than different genetics. This is why breeding trials are important.

Of course, this pairing ( Odin is Caramel Ghost Stripe het Amel) can still produce Xanthic Snows and/or Citrines. I guess it remains to be seen if I can distinguish them. Anyway, here’s the obligatory happy pippy pic. There’s a failed egg in the image as well. Three of the eighteen didn’t develop but were firmly attached to the clump. This season has been proof of the old adage that “good eggs don’t go bad.”

12 Likes

A dark nose and a bright nose! Love it! And wow, that bad egg is super gross!

3 Likes

I always think it’s fun to see a variety clutch.

That egg is totally gross!! There are two others that look equally disgusting. None ever got smelly, so rather than disrupt their neighbors, I left them in place.

Confession: after I’d do a sniff check on these, I’d go around smelling other things, just to make sure I hadn’t caught covid and lost my sense of smell. I couldn’t believe they didn’t reek.

4 Likes

The albino looks like they will be really beautiful. Congrats on healthy and beautiful babies.

2 Likes

They’re taking their time about coming out. Nice Stripes are appearing slowly!

4 Likes

I do love a nice stripe!

4 Likes

Me too. :blush: These bloodlines have produced some beauties for us over the years.

4 Likes

Wow beautiful babies :snake: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart: the head stamps are amazing. I think the albino is my jam if i had to choose but both are cool. The stripe reminds me of a Rosy boa.

2 Likes

These are some gorgeous babies, holding any back?

1 Like

Thank you! The light one is either a Xanthic Snow Stripe or a Citrine Stripe. Hopefully I’ll get both for comparison.

That’s so funny, because your striped Rosy reminds me of a corn snake! :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks, Jess. I’m very pleased with what I see so far. Yes, I will be holding some back. I have been working with Stripes since I bought my first corn snakes back in 2008. Between rebuilding after the massive scale-back in 2015 and the retirement of some of my older ladies, I need to keep … some.

3 Likes

These babies are taking their time. Still have quite a few pip-less eggs. The ones I’ve seen include a lot of prettiness in pink. I plan to get some of them set up individually tomorrow. Here are a couple quick pics for anyone who’s wondering.

5 Likes

These pinky babies are beautiful

1 Like

Just for you, @rmleone! The last little one (and I do mean LITTLE) emerged overnight. When I lifted the moss to start setting up babies, I was greeted by a whole bunch of pinkness. Of course they’re all blue now so they look sweetly pastel in the morning light.

5 Likes

Awww those cute little babies

2 Likes

That would be awesome if the little baby stays a dwarf size. Those babies are so cute id be tempted to purchase one.

2 Likes

Heck, idk what this one will do!

2 Likes

That is an absolutely gorgeous shot of them all, I love the velvety baby blue.

2 Likes

Thanks, me too! All those sweet little faces looking up at me was a great way to start the day. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I love the way they’re all peeking up at you like, “Could you put that moss back please?”

3 Likes