Late intro from East Los Angeles

So I never really gave the forum an introduction from me, and I wanted to give an official one so here we go. Hello my name is Shane and I am 13 years old and I was born and raised on the West Coast, Los Angeles. I first got into reptiles when i was only about 7 or 8 and i would sometimes catch lizards in my back yard or at parks with my cousin ( on rare occasions we would find widows and some snakes). Now i grew up in a not so safe neighborhood and i really want to stay outta trouble with the gangs and shootings by having a hobby in the reptile community. I am Mexican American and i come from a big bird-loving family, My family also owns a bird and reptile shop that i vist every so often. Most of you have met my California kingsnake,Quetzalcoatl and shes been eating like a champ so thats good. But without further ado here at the pics of the pet shop along with some pics of Quetzalcoatl!

R&R Art, Murals & Signs Los Angeles, CA Painters - MapQuest

Elia's Pet Shop | at Florence and Whitsett | Laurie Avocado | Flickr

The yellow shop is before we painted it, (also funny thing if you watch the movie G force we stared in the movie)

IIs such an honor to be a part of this hobby and thank you all for the help

6 Likes

I shall welcome you again!
I didn’t realise you were so young :flushed:

That is one of the most stunning shops I’ve ever seen! :fire:
I love your king, keep posting pics of her so we can watch her grow! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you so much!!! My king is very photogenic so ill be sure to post pics of here

2 Likes

It’s good to hear I’m not the only one under 16 here! It’s a pleasure to have you on the forums, and definitely post some more pics of Quetzalcoatl!

3 Likes

I thought I was younger turning 18 soon :grin:
I love this community, so many different people coming together over a common interest of herps.

3 Likes

Dang! All the youngsters coming out of the woodwork! Welcome! Sorry to hear your neighborhood isnt the greatest, but glas you are making the best of it and avoiding the dangerous scenes! Hope all goes well for you, if you ever plan to breed in the future, pay good attention in bio class, there is some good basic information there on genetics :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah man thanks!!! It’s crazy like that in the hood sometimes.

2 Likes

Officially, welcome to the community! It’s great to see other Angelinos here (although I’m in county, not city). Also, good head on your shoulders for wanting to avoid the aggressive gang scene. Reptiles is a fantastic way to spend your energy!

It’s great to see the younger generation step up and get ready to keep the passion alive.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Oh yeah? Where you from? and thanks man!

We’re in Lakewood, over by Long Beach :+1:

1 Like