Leopard/Bamboo Combos

Hi All,

I’m looking to get a leopard or bamboo combo ball python in June. It ill be a male hatching which i will grow up to eventually breed one day. What would you suggest and why?

For ideas of what pairings i can make in the future, I already have:
Male -Pastel lesser Cryptic het clown
Female - Pastel Woma
Female - Pastel Black pastel Lesser Het red axanthic

1 Like

Personally I would go for a Bamboo Clown female and Leopard Clown male to fit in.

@annakirby will be able to give you some inspiration for your bamboo dreams :wink:

2 Likes

A male Leopard Pastel HRA would go great with your second female.

Why not get females to pair to the males you have already? Just out of curiosity.

You would obviously need to get some bamboo het clowns first. A bamboo clown is in the 1 to 2k range usd. I may or may not be getting something like this soon :wink:

3 Likes

I’d get a bamboo combo because there isn’t enough bamboo stuff out there and there is still a lot to be done with it.

I’d get a bamboo yellowbelly, yellowbelly is one of a few genes that go with everything in my opinion.

You will be glad you did!!

3 Likes

I plan on getting more females in the future but i have a space in my rack for a male. I also could not handle 3 clutches in 1 year yet. Im only 17 and on an apprenticeship. Id have no money for food! :rofl:

3 Likes

Gotcha. I was just thinking about the Pastel Cryptic Het Clown that you have and you could pair that to a Bamboo Clown or a Bamboo Het Clown. I get what you’re saying now though. Carry on. Lol

2 Likes

Just to play devils advocate (Bamboo is one of my favorite morphs), I think the reason there’s so much to do with Bamboo still is that it is a very dominating morph. A lot of stuff to try is risky and will probably give you something that looks not much different than the single gene.

That being said, I think if you’re smart about what pairings to try and love the bamboo morph then there’s some real gems to be found in new combos. At least that’s what I hope with my own bamboo projects!

2 Likes

So you are? :joy:

I can neither confirm or deny lol

2 Likes

Confirmed haha

3 Likes

"I’d get a bamboo combo because there isn’t enough bamboo stuff out there and there is still a lot to be done with it.

I’d get a bamboo yellowbelly, yellowbelly is one of a few genes that go with everything in my opinion.

You will be glad you did!!"

I said this in March of last year since then I got two bamboos one is bamboo fire/disco pastel 1.0 the other is bamboo pastel het hypo.

For now I have the female going to my ultramel male to make hets, not sure yet what I want it to do with the male.

Maybe with the male I’ll make ultramel pieds then do bamboo x ultramel pieds.

I’m pretty sure it’ll be an all white snake but you cant go wrong with a bamboo het pied het ultramel.

1 Like

Bamboo Pieds are indeed all white. Some possible Ultramel Bamboo Pieds have been produced, but they are not sufficiently different from a Bamboo Pied to tell apart.

2 Likes

I am getting a bamboo leopard to go with my banana fire lesser pinstripe.

Hopefully we can hit on some banana bamboo combos which should reduce freckles.

She is twenty minutes away at the breeder
26ef15d68aee934f7470b598c0c2371c

1 Like