Leopard gecko egg hatch time

:cry: That’s disappointing. After they are positively dead and won’t hatch I would personally dissect them to see what they looked like. It’s likely from the effects of enigma x w & y but that should only affect 25% of the eggs, the others should have hatched fine.

1 Like

they still possibly can but I’m unsure if the heat would have overheated them to the point of death. right now i have 8 eggs from this pairing and 2 from another pairing. i think the others will hatch and some of the 8 may hatch as well, as only 3 of them seem to be for sure dead. so I’m hoping that the others will hatch but I’m not expecting much. up to the AC crashing all 8 eggs looked to have healthy embryos.

Well the saying goes:

Incubate until there’s no debate.

4 Likes

exactly what im gonna do :joy:

2 Likes

decided to dissect the 3 moldy eggs. the first one was just filled with a thick white liquid while the other two seemed in different stages of development. the one egg had a semi formed baby to the point where i could make out limbs and eyes and the other was just a meaty blob. all 3 smelled horrific and its a smell ill never forget LOL. but at least i got some insight into what is going on with their clutch mates.

2 Likes

That’s interesting, where they from the same clutch/parents? If so how many others are there from those parents? Depending on that it could be because of the lethal morph combo or it could just be eggs that went bad.

1 Like

Another possibility is that one parent can’t be bred due to bad genetics. , which makes that one a pet only.

1 Like

yeah they were all from the same parents i think its just eggs that had gone bad because the others are still growing.

I just checked the marketplace and it seems like there were quite a few W&Y Enigmas that sold. I still think it could have been from that combo but it seems that it’s not always lethal. It could be comparable to Super Black Pastel in ball pythons.

1 Like

yeah i think you’re right. the others seem to be good but I’m gonna recandle them tonight.

1 Like

Candled them after yet another incubator malfunction… seriously getting disheartening. What do y’all think? Still good?

1 Like

Incubate until it’s obviously not. Definitely don’t handle the eggs too much- if you jostle the embryo and it rotates, it could drown. They could also get too dry easily that way.

3 Likes

If these are from the same parent the parent could be sterile. Make an identical container to the one the eggs are in and place a temperature and humidity gauge in it. It would show the exact temperature that the eggs are in. But, I still see veins in that one so so far I think you’re good.

3 Likes

thank yall. been having a million problems lately.

sadly it looks like we lost all the eggs.

2 Likes