Leopard Gecko Morph help?

So this was sold to me as a tremper Diablo blanco, there is clearly something else going on with her genes… any idea what she is? She almost looks like a super snow

2 Likes

@erie-herps @mblaney
Calling on our Leo gurus :relaxed:

1 Like

Diablo blanco is made of blizzard, tremper albino, and eclipse. Do you know what the pairing was? It’s likely that she only has some of the genes (tremper albino and maybe eclipse) but not blizzard. Can you get a clear picture of each eye?

1 Like

This is an Albino Super Snow, no Blizzard. It doesn’t appear to have the Eclipse gene either, but it’s hard to say.

2 Likes

He has solid red eyes, if that helps

I can tomorrow yeah! Both eyes are solid red

If it’s a super snow it will likely have eclipse eyes whether or not it has eclipse. I’m not sure how to identify eclipse in super snow albinos.

Alright thank you! When she gets breeding age I think I’ll just spend some time trying to prove her out

I wouldn’t recommend breeding unless working towards a goal but if you really want to you can. But unless you know for positive what strain of albino and snow she is she shouldn’t be bred.

I used to own Eclipse Mack Super Snow (Galaxy) Leopard Geckos, and they can generally be told apart from non-Eclipse animals by the presence of white patches, especially on the feet, legs and forehead.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend breeding unless working towards a goal but if you really want to you can. But unless you know for positive what strain of albino and snow she is she shouldn’t be bred.

Blockquote

I agree with this. The strain of Albino can’t be identified, but I’m confident that the strain of Snow in this animal is Mack due to the striping.

1 Like