Leopard gecko tank decor

I want to spruce things up a bit for my Leo’s, give me some ideas for their tanks! I have two 10 gallons and one 20 gallon long to redecorate. They are on paper towel substrate btw! Right now they’re all just plain Jane. Lol

I like to use driftwood and artificial plants. I get the wood that is meant for aquariums, from an aquarium specialty store, because if it is safe for fish, it’s safe for a gecko.

2 Likes

Repti Carpet would add color, you could do green or tan depending on the theme of the enclosure

1 Like

Paper towel is the only thing I will use for them, but I appreciate the suggestion.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good idea! Thank you☺

Paper towel is a much better substrate than repti carpet, which hold all sorts of bacteria.

3 Likes

You can never go wrong with cork bark tubes and flats!

1 Like

When I get finished I will post pictures :blush:

1 Like

Rocks and wood

2 Likes

I love the creations of a store on etsy called Stroodies. I desperately wish I had the space to set up a massive tank full of a bunch of their decor in glow in the dark shades. Because I’m a 100% practical adult… :joy:

Just be sure to avoid using any wood or rocks you might come across yourself. I’ve been around ~half a dozen cases where inappropriate cage decor was directly responsible for the death of the herps in the cage.

2 Likes

Most people have never used Excavator clay, it’s sand but when you add water it hardens up and you can mold it to any design you want

1 Like

Zoo Med Excavator Clay Burrowing Substrate (10 lb bag) | Josh's Frogs

1 Like

That’s neat!

1 Like

I buy everything for my babies from my reptile store here in town. Will not go outside for anything, ever. Hehe

2 Likes

The little pyramids are too cute!

1 Like