Let see them belly shots

Piebald

5 Likes

Het Piebald (markers)

5 Likes

Iā€™m an idiot. :woman_facepalming:

Sorry @eaglereptiles :sob:

2 Likes

:joy: @annakirby never be sorry for sharing them beautiful animals with me. They are great shots aswel.
:blush:

3 Likes

Thank you so much :grin:
Any chance you could add a cropped image of the markers for me?

Do you have any information or links I could use to find out more about this? Thank you again :blush:

I even held Margo for you :joy::sob:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve just submitted the gene to WOBP, but simply it is a dominant/codominant morph that looks similar to Orange Dream but which originated in a rescued adult female, bought as a farmed import from a pet store sometime around 2010ish.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a comparison of the nicest normal albino I produced in 2018 along side the Oriole albino born a week later. Both are from the exact same high contrast albino lines, with the Oriole albinoā€™s mom being sister to the the normal albinoā€™s dad.

4 Likes

OD het pied is the only ā€œsingleā€ gene animal I ownā€¦

Just so happens she is my favorite tooā€¦its cause her bad attitudeā€¦speaks to me I reckon

5 Likes

Incomplete dominant*

That is a cool lookin snake

2 Likes

Thank you. Codominant: expressing equally with another dominant gene (ex. pastel, leopard, etc). Incomplete dominant: expressing with a dominant gene but having a different expression when homozygous (ex. BEL complex, cinnamon, OD, etcā€¦). This gene hasnā€™t (yet) been produced in a homozygous form (Super) so I donā€™t know if it will be codominant or incomplete. Hopefully I answer that question this year! Hereā€™s a pic of one of last yearā€™s low expression Orioles next to a DH lightning pied for comparison. There is also a possibility it is fully dominant as all the offspring Iā€™ve observed from this year and last have expressed the trait, but I could have just had good odds and I also didnā€™t inspect all of last yearā€™s babies as closely because I was going off of the identification/information provided by the previous/original breeder and I sold the ā€˜normalsā€™ before really getting a good look at them (I was targetting high contrast albinos which was why I bought his project).

3 Likes

Pied markers are ā€˜train tracksā€™ on the vent pattern (particularly near the tail) and a higher tendency to ringers. This isnā€™t definitive: I have a proven het female that doesnā€™t have markers and there are non-pied snakes with markers, but the probability of hitting a het increases a lot of they have the markers

3 Likes

Were you asking about the pied markers or the Oriole? I answered both, hopefully, but if you have any more questions is be happy to give it a shot :+1:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: your a really good friend Anna :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you, that is a lot more than I was expecting. I was asking for the markers on the het pied and you got me a perfect picture :+1:.

Which is which? I would hazard a guess that left one is the Oriole purely because of the deep oranges.

In a simple sentence, how would you compare the differences between the Oriole to the normal ball python?

Nice onešŸ‘.

You better get learning Parseltongue :joy:.

Iā€™m glad the pic of the markers works for you. Yes, the Oriole is on the left :+1:. Simply, Oriole appears to be a dominant orange color enhancer, much like OD or Enchi (which is more yellow than orange but still a similar concept). Hereā€™s an example of what it does with Enchi as an additional example! Oriole on the top right (though the angle is bad), Enchi on the top left, and Oriole Enchi on the bottom.

4 Likes

Wow, there is quite a big difference.
Iā€™m interested in what you are going to produce with this and what it will do to other genes.
Thank you a lot. :blush:

1 Like

I will go ahead and share by babers bellies even though I donā€™t have a single gene animal. They were not easy to get belly pics of lol.

Firefly Het VPI girly

Champagne Banana Pastel Het VPI boi

2 Likes