Let's see your favorite pairing of the 2020/2021 season

Banana Yellowbelly Pied ph ghost x het pied

6 Likes

Hypo Pastel Enchi Lesser x Hypo Bumblebee
Goal is a male Hypo Super Pastel Enchi
In the future he would be paired to a Super Enchi Pastel Lesser Het Hypo girl for the end goal of a Hypo Super Pastel Super Enchi Lesser

8 Likes

0.1 Mojave Leopard Spotnose het Clown x 1.0 Banana Clown ph pied/hypo poss Blade takes the cake over here.

Pairing the same male to our OD Pied will also be fun as we are hoping to prove out our male!

Having ultrasounds done on them on 12/9, the OD Pied showed 19 mm follicles and the Spotnose showed ~10mm follicles. We also paired an OD Enchi female to our Black Pastel Banana het Hypo and she had 22mm follicles on 12/9! Exciting times ahead!

8 Likes

Love the new collage/slideshow feature! Great to show the struggles of learning first time courtship :joy:

8 Likes

Leopard Ivory x SuperStripe

Butter Hypo pos YB x Super Special

6 Likes

FINALLY a confirmed lock!! My first ever pairing and my first ever ball python (the HGW)!!! They really did not like being disturbed so I couldn’t get a great shot… But they have been locked before I went to work and are still locked!! I’M EXCITED!!!

9 Likes

@solsticeroyals Very nice!!! I’m excited for you!!! Nothing beats your first clutch!!!

2 Likes

Simple pairing, but I am very excited for this one, as this is only my second season and my recessive girls are still growing up. OD YB Fire Pinstripe X Super Pastel.

9 Likes

That pinstripe looks really cool. I’d be excited too!

3 Likes

The male is a Black Pastel het albino and the female is a BEL I believe is Moj/Les Male is a Super cinnamon coral glow and the female is a normal I was given at a local pet shop. Hope she proves out to have another gene.

7 Likes

Sweet!!! Best of luck with your season!

3 Likes

Most likely super lesser. That’s the whitest bel you can make I believe, and from this picture I don’t see any gray. Mojave bels have cool light gray color on the sides of the face/head area. I want to make a lesser bel eventuality for sure. Probably end up keeping it too if it’s a girl, just cuz they’re so dang pretty.

1 Like

@tyspies your not going to be able to tell a difference between mojave lesser and super lesser. Super mojave does have a dark head. Blue eyed Lucy yellow out as the age. Super fire actually stays the whitest of the Lucy’s.

4 Likes

A bit late to the party, but I’m new here. This is kind of a simple one, but I’m excited to see the combos with het clown.

Sire is a Lesser Pewterbee Clown
Dame is a Pewter that seems to have many paradox offspring.
Sure is also paired with a Carmel Albino ghost (haven’t taken a pick yet) for triple hets that for some reason I’d love to see that combo.

4 Likes

@cn_wrngsdreptls my friend just sent me this the other day. Craziest ball I’ve ever seen.
Your triple het project could look like this without the Pied added obviously.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJpHwSwMVvn/?igshid=fx3h5bg8d1sv

4 Likes

Woooahh, that thing is unreal! I’d love to see how the color changes as it ages!

4 Likes

@cn_wrngsdreptls Have you bred your caramel glow before? Females are sub fertile no problems with males. But I believe you said the female was caramel.

2 Likes

Don’t think I can pick just one favorite, but here’s one I actually have a picture of right now:

Trojan x Bamboo

I’m not aware of any of these being made yet, so it’s fun not really knowing what the result is going to be!

5 Likes

@saleengrinch
Honestly I have not. I’ve read up a bit on this and have seen a lot of contradicting opinions/testimonies. I’ve read 0.1 visuals (1)ALL are sub fertile. (2) Only sub when bread to 1.0 visuals CAs. (3) shouldn’t be bread to even het males. Only used to make heys.
Also that only het to het is ok or 1.0 visual to het 0.1.
Also I’m not clear on No eggs, Slugs, kinking. It seems that even researching this gene has left me confused. I was hoping to stay positive and hope if sub fertility issues are the case I’m hoping egg related. If kinking proves to be the case she will probably be a countertop pet for people to view or one of the animals I show when I’m asked to show them to groups/schools whatever the case. She is awesome personality and visually. Just not in my interest to cull animals every year if it is a huge issue.
Should actually dig three some archive stuff on here and see if there’s a good thread.

Thanks again though!
I always want to be made aware of issues that I could have overlooked. A lot of these animals I try to take in when they are unwanted. Mistreated animals I will not bread and try to find a great home for, but rehomed animals I’ve not always done the research on and I always really should. And the more you ask questions the more I realize I need too. I pride myself in taking care of my animals, but knowledge of our pets/Breeders should be in high regard.
Anyway went on a rant there but it just got me thinking.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know anyone who has that had a visual caramel lay. That being said I have heard of second stories of caramels laying. It’s a shame caramel glow is honestly one of my favorite combos!

1 Like