Let's see your holdbacks!

These are a few of my holdbacks from the 2021 season! If you have any holdbacks, I’d love to see them!

6 Likes

Love the first one! :fire:
Here’s a few of mine :grin:

6 Likes

Such cuties :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m a bit excited about nr 2 in your pics, I wonder how that one will develop :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am too! He/She is just over 3g now, so he/she still has lots of developing to do!

1 Like

Dang these are aome stinking cute babies. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

What criteria do y’all use to determine who you’ll hold back?

1 Like

For me, it depends on on future pairings, so atm I am looking for Patterning, The amount of white, structure, lavs, reds…
You know a good egg when you see one!
Though with Reds I tend to hold longer as can change a lot and with Phoenix breeding this year I can’t wait for some big headed females so I can hold one back for the future! :grin:
And the one from the yellow female I’m holding back to see if she goes yellow!

2 Likes

I was going to holdback this phantom lilly white because I love the tiger type patterning that comes through, but it’s looking like another male. I have too many. So probably have to let go. I don’t know what project I would use him for, open to suggestions!

4 Likes

This guy is definitely staying with me! Mom is LW dad is Tiger. Love the combo so much.

7 Likes

You’re killing me. I’ve been eyeing some of your babies since I’m local. And I do need a male. :thinking: :rofl: But for real, I don’t know how you don’t hold everything back. You have some beautiful geckos!

2 Likes

All nine of ours are holdbacks and Pet Only because they were oops babies and dad has severe MBD.

If I had to choose, however, I have four that I would definitely hold back. But they all have such little personalities!

Hershey (top) and Fudge (bottom)

Chalupa
These are older pictures, but they are the first three babies we found. Hershey and Chalupa because of their coloring mostly. Fudge now has a lot more spots (they all do, really…these are older pictures)

And then of course, Tiny. Tiny has caused most of my grey hairs. Big personality though!

3 Likes

Just wait till this year’s eggs start coming! More stress :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you! It is so hard to decide. I definitely made some mistakes this year and let some go I shouldn’t have. haha

2 Likes