Lighten the mood! (Reptile Memes)

:eye: :eye: ā€¦ you are NOT the only one :joy:

8 Likes

:rofl: Yeah, my username is just my first initial and my crazy Polish last name. Last name, Awramik, is pronounced ARE-ah-mick. Emphasis on the first syllable.

In school, the only teacher I ever had who said my last name correctly on the first day of school (or really ever, for that matter) was my high school physics teacher, who had my dad as a professor at UCSB when he was in college. So he cheated. :joy:

11 Likes

Mine was even worse, I misread it and pronounced it as jaw-muh-rick :joy:

9 Likes

Wait, I feel like I should have known this lol :joy:. I literally refer to you as Jaw ra mink :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I donā€™t know why but I always said it like that. Like it is your full name. Maybe because two first names it commonly used it Florida :wink:

9 Likes

Hmmmm! My husband is Polish as well! Good peoples! :+1::heart:

7 Likes

My username is just my full last name which can be confusing for some people. Formatted correctly, itā€™s Garcia De Mueller. My maiden name is just Garcia, but I added the De Mueller when I got married. Iā€™ve had people on this site think my first name was Garciade and my last name was Mueller though :joy:

8 Likes

My user name is my middle name Caron. First name Nancy. But I go by Caronā€¦.

So hence, my parents named me Nancy Caron, called me by my middle name and also spelled it weirdly! No coffee mugs, or ANYTHING, for that matter! :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

My grandmothers name is Nancy, definitely a beautiful name :smiling_face:

7 Likes

I agree except the only person Iā€™ve met named Nancy (except for caron) was my therapistā€¦ :joy:

6 Likes

That is exactly what I say also :rofl:

Yeah, I am not going to lie but I have never even managed to get to the end of your username before giving up and just think of you as ā€œenchantment herpsā€ and ā€œthat one person with a really long username that likes hognoses and reptiles that start with carpetā€

8 Likes

I love that :laughing: If you did try to pronounce it though, it couldnā€™t be any worse than the way the spelled it on my nameplate at my old job. The spelled it as ā€œHassia Di Muller.ā€ Where they got that from I will never know :person_facepalming:

8 Likes

Thats EXACTLY what i thought it was!

10 Likes

This is so bizarre because I was pronouncing this close to ā€˜Karenā€™ in my head, not like Car-on or anthing, but I never once considered it might be an alternative spelling of ā€˜Karenā€™ :joy: :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

I think I can top that one! Once my name got misspelled as Carpan instead of Caron! :joy:

8 Likes

:rofl: Carpan?? Nice. Extra points for creativity.

4 Likes

No one either irl or online knows how to pronounce my name, and i get it. Itā€™s like the mackeighleigh of musical names. Itā€™s pronounced like Aria but almost no one gets it right.
Iā€™ve come to enjoy listening to peoples interpretations.

Here is a non exhaustive list:
Auororiea
Area
AurEEah
Awriah
Oreo
And not once, not twice, not even five times, nor by the same people or during the same occasionā€¦
Areola.

Truly, peopleā€™s minds are fascinating.

8 Likes

As in Ar-ee-a?

5 Likes

Hooray, I was saying it right in my head.

Really? :person_facepalming:

When I was a kid, it used to annoy me that people never said my last name right, but now I just think itā€™s funny.

6 Likes

:joy:. This is a hoot! I had it right all along but Oreo? And the cu de gra Areola? Seriously! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Right?? Likeā€¦what??? :person_facepalming::roll_eyes:

I think sometimes, when people see a word/name they donā€™t know how to pronounce, they just kind of panic and logic goes out the window. They start adding vowels and consonants that arenā€™t even there as their brains desperately scramble to make sense of it.

7 Likes