Lighten the mood! (Reptile Memes)

“How in the world am I supposed to get up there?!”

3 Likes

I did that big time last year. I let my big boas out pretty frequently for some enrichment/exercise time when I was in my old apt. I let Leo out and he went straight to his usual spot beneath my tv stand and i went about my day. I’m so used to him being there and staying there for hours that i get too confident and let myself go longer and longer between checks. Until my adhd kicks in and i get hungry. (Why is it always food that does it?) One time i had let him out, forgot entirely, and went to the store. I was at the srore for like 3 hours. I even stopped by the froyo place on my way home and sat down to enjoy a large cup of frozen yogurt. Hours later, i get home and my heart drops when i see the open enclosure.

Thankfully, Leo is a very good boy and he loves his tv stand spot. He was still there when i got home. I was so relieved!! A couple of head pets and it was off to home for him!

6 Likes

For real! Like come on, why can’t we just randomly get the urge to clean instead of eat?

5 Likes

Its even worse when you go to clean the kitchen but get distracted by the food :sob: (although I guess that still counts as cleaning out the cabinets right???)

5 Likes

I mean, I hear it depends. Some people can’t find time to eat, but like, if I’m not doing anything, eating is like the first thing to come up :joy:

3 Likes

One of the few good things about having the type of autoimmune disease is that it is pretty hard to gain weight. Plus being a teenage boy combined with competitive swimming and diving I can eat all I was :joy:

3 Likes

the ANXIETY attack I would’ve had :skull:

6 Likes

I can assure you, me too. I ran my butt back home after it hit me. :skull::skull::skull:

8 Likes

I did a similar thing with my ball python where I had his enclosure open and was just letting him come out on his own and explore the room and such (with heavy supervision), and I was making tea in the kitchen at the same time. I heard the kettle go off and went to prepare the tea. By the time I had my tea all out together, I had completely forgotten about him. An hour and half goes by, and then I rush into my room in a panic. Luckily he was just curled up on the ground right next to his enclosure and wasn’t even too cold or anything :face_exhaling:

9 Likes

It’s genuinely SO nice to know I’m not the only one to accidentally do that :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

It happens, doesn’t mean you’re a bad keeper if it happens once or twice

5 Likes

11 Likes

I’ve done it too, but other times I have just stepped away (still in the same room) to do something while my BP watches tv. He stays put, just sitting on the top of the couch watching spongebob or whatever I put on for him at the time. I do keep an eye on him though…

6 Likes

imageimage

12 Likes

This made me uncontrollably cackle this morning. Really made my bad day better, and it’s so dumb. :joy:

7 Likes

Ball python breeders these days :joy:

11 Likes

Trying to put your boa back in their enclosure

15 Likes

My goddess this is so accurate sometime lol :joy:.

6 Likes

I hear your boas, but cresties sometimes… Also a pain in the butt to put anywhere.
I know they’re little things, but they are little things that can climb on any surface.

5 Likes

7 Likes