List of reptiles y'all plan to keep in the future

See; the good points of house snakes is that they can’t hold that much! :laughing:

I could see myself someday with possibly a second house snake- the Reds are just so lovely.

3 Likes

The Red albinos are sick! I think I might be getting a pair!

3 Likes

Agreed about the red house snakes, they’re absolutely stunning! House snakes are adorable in any colour, but the red ones have got to be my favourite. I love pretty much any animal that comes in deep red. It’s one reason I fell in love with blood pythons. There’s nothing quite like a red snake. :heart:

2 Likes

In no particular order:

Hog Island/Crawl Cay boa
Dumeril’s
Brazilian rainbow
and maaaaybee a sumatran short tail - still on the fence about this one

3 Likes

I’d also love to ge a pair of them, hopefully this year!

3 Likes

I love and admire reptiles and have no interest or intensions to breed. I’m a reptile pet person and enjoy a small collection that I can view in my vision cages and handle if they are the specimen that can tolerate it. With so many different morphs available realistically I can’t have them all. My list to have in a reptile room at some point in the future is as follows:

1 Ball Python
1 Leopard Gecko
1 Crested Gecko
1 Bearded Dragon
1 Corn Snake
1 Milk Snake
1 Box Turtle

4 Likes

Wow, the Rileys going after the same thing lol :joy:. I think maybe sunglows might be in the future too!

3 Likes

I actually want to work towards sunglows too. :rofl: What I really want to do is get a trio. I want a high quality KNZ Red T+ albino male (maybe het hypo, depending what I can find) and a high quality KNZ Red T+ albino female. I also want a Hypo female (maybe het KNZ Red T+ albino) to work towards sunglows.

3 Likes

Mine are:
Damon diadema - Tailless Whipscorpion
Dolichothele diamantinensis - Brazilian Blue Dwarf Beauty
Psalmopoeus irminia - Venezuelan Suntiger
Antaresia childreni - Children’s Python
Heterodon nasicus - Hognose Snake
Abronia graminea - Arboreal Alligator Lizard
Malayopython reticulatus - Super Dwarf Retic

This list will inevitably grow.

3 Likes

False water cobra
Indigo snake
Ackie monitor
Day geckos
Red eye tree frogs
More isopods (varieties to be determined)
Sable morph western hognoses (to go with my growing hognose collection)
Also if I can ever finagle the room I’d like a BCC/BCI

There’s other stuff I’d love to have but realistically don’t fit my space constraints, financial position, time constraints now or likely still won’t in the future. Lol.
Otherwise my list would be about 100 pages long. :joy:

3 Likes

Weird lol :joy:

2 Likes

They are wonderful to work with :smiling_face:

2 Likes

They’re absolutely gorgeous snakes and every one I’ve interacted with has been an absolute sweetheart. Also there’s too many cool morphs to not at least add one to the collection. I’d probably pick up a male though. Since they tend to stay a bit smaller and I have back issues :joy:

2 Likes