Little Baby Joker

Aww thankyou for your kind words.

There is lots to my story but that’s not for here. I take each day as it comes. If I can do something, I will, if I can’t I won’t beat myself up.

My goal for this year is to get out and do some outside photography. Fingers crossed I can.
“Eye candy” funny as my name is Candi :smiley:

4 Likes

also THANKYOU so so much for making me feel very welcome too <3

3 Likes

I read the article, glad you caught my little gem! :wink:

2 Likes

Absolutely, great for you! I’m coming off a bad year last year myself. I used to be agoraphobic, myself, and the VA psychiatrist put me in a women’s group therapy once a week to get me out of the house and that began opening me up better. I’m now able to go to church every Sunday and on Monday, too to volunteer for our Operation Christmas Child charity and just got into snakes. A former drug addicted friend of my brother, who lived on the streets for a while as a homeless person got into photography and actually got pretty famous a bit for it. He’s on Facebook as Hal Samples and has had had several art galleries. Good luck with your photography it is very good.

3 Likes

well done you for getting better <3 thing with me is I spent YEARS in the public eye worked 7 days a week in a shop. I actually live 5 miles from the nearest town as I cannot have neighbours or people close. I’m so done! Now I don’t want to go back into society. It won’t change anything. I don’t drink so don’t go in pubs. I would rather look at the hills and stars than make idle chat with people I used to know. I’m 40 now, I’ve done my social. I have my animals and wonderful wife and I need space from other people, except my psychiatrist lol. I want to get out this year but not too peopley. Well done you for helping out at church thats amazing. OHHHH I will look him up AWESOME. Keep on fighting the good fight x

3 Likes

You live in a good place if you don’t have any neighbors. Wish we didn’t have any neighbors. I know thats bad.

I will be 56 in May. I was gonna say I wish I was 40 again. But, No I don’t think I want to go back. I just want to feel better going forward. Looking towards retirement and raising ball pythons. I will wish for that.

1 Like

What AMAZING photos! Your stars are better than the multi-million dollar NASA camera! Incredible moon, gorgeous snake.

I love that you shared a brief, but deep bit on your struggles. That sounds like a ton of weight and Im so glad that the therapy and meds are helping you.

You 100% need a website, Instagram, whatever, becausr not only could you be making some money from these photos, but by not showing them off, you are depriving the world of insane natural beauty in our everyday world.

4 Likes

indeed I am a country bunny. I wish you a happy retirement when it comes

1 Like

wow thankyou for your kind words. Sadly mental health affects us all one way or another. Right at the moment I don’t feel grounded. Christmas day would of been my little brother in laws Birthday. He took his life at 22. The other day it was the anniversary of my father in laws death. He hung himself 6 years ago…we both lost jobs due to grief, we both got very ill. We lived below the poverty line. We begged and borrowed what we could. Sadly sold a lot of our high end morphs and boas to survive. Thankfully now all this is well well past and we live comfortably. We will NEVER ever take things for granted. It is still AMAZING to have food in the fridge. I worked 7 days a week to support my zoo for a long time. I’m now no longer safe to work. My other half has taken the role of working 6 but usually 7 days a week to support us. She is on day 40 now without a break. She would rather work as if she’s left, she will dwell on the memories of her Dad. It’s a very sad tale indeed.

4 Likes

I also work 6 to 7 days a week. I know how she feels. Hardly ever get a break from work. I hope to be off Saturday night. I work in maintenance as dispatch person. They call machines in that break down and I radio maintenance to the tell them where to go. Not a glamorous job but it pays the bills and feeds us. Which is all that matters. This forum helps each of us and many ways. Talking about our love of animals and talk about other things that we are having difficulties with to help us get through our day. Which is nice when we don’t have anyone else to talk to. Like myself. I have family but they don’t listen very well. Well off to go feed my horses and give Belle her walk and food before going to bed and start day all over again.

1 Like

I’ve been there myself when I ran a business for years before I went totally off my rocker and sectioned!!! Nice little holiday. Luckily sam gets to go different places with work and she has a good laugh so it’s not like work she says. She is trying to beat her own personal goal of 50days on the trot without a day off. She is super sam. She was diagnosed with Palindromic rheumatism is a rare type of inflammatory arthritis. She takes meds for it and it reduces the flare ups. At least we know what it is that was causing pain bless her. Sams got furries she loves them atm she has baby Dumbo rats

4 Likes

Your babies are so cute.
I have Dumbo rats also. I bought 1 at Dumbo price.(she is a little a-hole sometimes). LOL!
I acquired the other two from the feeder rats that I originally got to feed my BP. But, I wound up keeping them as pets. Lacy (the little -***) should be having babies in a few weeks. Scarlett is the older of the two females and she had a litter a couple years ago.
I won’t breed her any more, she is too old. She is my sweet baby. Sweets is the male and he is a charmer. I love that big boy. Should have some pretty spotted babies from Lacy and Sweets. will show picts when they get here.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story Candi :slight_smile: I found photography as a way to preoccupy myself when I got sober and had a massive mental breakdown. Your astrophotography is amazing, something I have zero patience for.

2 Likes

ahh cute. Please do show off your babies :slight_smile: I have cats and ferrets as my furries. I have orinental, Abyssinian, maine coon and then non pedigree cats that live indoor. I have 5 house ferrets too they are wonderful for depression haha.

1 Like

thankyou and well done you.
Ahh astro…it’s taken me 4 years LOTS of money,lots of tears and lots of patience. Now it’s finally clicked all good

1 Like

My Rat Lacy, is having her babies as we speak. They are so little. First time Momma. Hope she does ok with them.
She is not a very lovable rat. Meaning she doesn’t like to be picked up much like Scarlett does. So I can’t really bother her much.

2 Likes

Oh bless her fingers crossed.
This is out keeper “silven” we have an urelated silver boy for her to go to when shes older.
Mum is a blue split cap and dad is a blue self. All the other 10 babies are blue in this litter.

1 Like

She’s is beautiful. Have not seen that color. Lacy is Albino, Sweets
the daddy is tan and white. Kinda like a roan with dark eyes. Have not counted the babies yet. Wanted to wait until she finished. Will check today when I get home from work. When I peeked in on her yesterday she had at least 5 at that time.

1 Like

There are 8 little babies. Mom, Lacy & Dad, Sweets.

3 Likes

stunning <3

1 Like