Looking for info on genes.vpi hra yb double het jollof albino

Hello i have a male and female,was told they are vpi hra yb double het jollof albino.ive tried to find as much info as i could but am still unsure of the genes fully. Have these snakes been made before ,is it fairly new…any of it etc… they were part of a collection i purchased and the person i bought from has staopped answer thoer phone etc. Thanks

3 Likes

I’d need to see pictures in better lighting. Outdoors if possible. I’m not certain all those genes are present based on the pictures. The fact that’s it’s supposed to be visual for form of hypo xanthism and het for another is a little odd.

3 Likes

The best place to learn more about the different morphs and how to identify them would be morphpedia! It’s a great resource.

If these snakes are what you’re claiming - “vpi hra yb double het jollof albino”, here’s what you might expect to see

VPI (axanthic) - Recessive trait, these animals are usually darker with a greyish tinge as adults.
HRA (het red axanthic) - Incomplete dominant trait, member of the 8-ball complex group of morphs, shows keyhole shaped patterns, reddish brown coloration, to me they always look like the halfay point between black pastel and normal.
YB - incomplete dominant trait, shows increased blushing up the sides, some pixalation of the pattern

het albino - pretty much speaks for itself, albino is a recessive trait so there would be no way to identify it visually
het Jolliff (axanthic) - another recessive axanthic line, would not be identifiable visually

I strongly suspect these animals are mislabeled. Why someone would make VPI axanthics het for Jolliff axanthic doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, and they don’t appear to be showing all (or maybe not any) of the visual traits they’re labeled as. I’d trust none of it

6 Likes

i think getting them test could give you some better idea of what those snakes really are .it just weird to put 2 recessive axanthic together. with the shed test it would hopefully confirm what those animals has and be easier to sell.

1 Like

I know the Joliff is an axanthic line recessive but is there any possibility they meant Joliff Tiger (even though they told you they are “het”)? I’m just grasping at straws here lol.